Feedback on the new router setup

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Tyrion

Re: Feedback on the new router setup

Post by Tyrion »

Wille wrote:As long as the server runs it'll be ran by the Danes who started it, locally. Simple as that. =)
Are they against relinquishing server running privileges? I'm sure if it was better for Pangaea to be hosted by somebody other than "the Danes" they would be willing to give up ownership of it for the better good. As it stands, we have about a month (give or take) of feedback detailing continued disconnects by people (European and Americas). Again, why is it impossible to think of somebody or someone else hosting the server other than Danes? Even with a switch to 2d and change of client, that alone won't fix the overall issue of server stability and unless that is taken care of first, seeing an online count consistently above 60 or more, will be distant goal to reach given all the changes to IG mechanics / game play / addressing the client speed whine.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

From what I can see Irming is trying everything possible to fix the disconnects so stop whining and be patient
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Just to be clear: whine. If you don't know the meaning of a word, best practice is to avoid using it. The question isn't for you, so no need to worry yourself unnecessarily.
Wille wrote:As long as the server runs it'll be ran by the Danes who started it, locally. Simple as that. =)
Are they against relinquishing server running privileges? I'm sure if it was better for Pangaea to be hosted by somebody other than "the Danes" they would be willing to give up ownership of it for the better good. As it stands, we have about a month (give or take) of feedback detailing continued disconnects by people (European and Americas). Again, why is it impossible to think of somebody or someone else hosting the server other than Danes? Even with a switch to 2d and change of client, that alone won't fix the overall issue of server stability and unless that is taken care of first, seeing an online count consistently above 60 or more, will be distant goal to reach given all the changes to IG mechanics / game play / addressing the client speed whine.
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

not sure if this was noted but the server freezes and continues for me and or freezes and i have to relog, just throwing that out there.
*Signed In Venom*
Gurrnutt Venomblade
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

This thread is about new router setup and fine-tuning of the router. Stick to that.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Masano

Post by Masano »

But why cant their be some discussion about a dedicated server? It would most likely solve all these connection issues and if hosted in the right location might even help the American lag situation too. Players could donate to Irming who then pays for the server and so would still be in total control, keeping the mystical Danes happy.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Masano wrote:But why cant their be some discussion about a dedicated server? It would most likely solve all these connection issues and if hosted in the right location might even help the American lag situation too. Players could donate to Irming who then pays for the server and so would still be in total control, keeping the mystical Danes happy.
Because it's a matter of those who owns of the shard, not players. And it's already decided.
Irming

Post by Irming »

Masano wrote:But why cant their be some discussion about a dedicated server? It would most likely solve all these connection issues and if hosted in the right location might even help the American lag situation too. Players could donate to Irming who then pays for the server and so would still be in total control, keeping the mystical Danes happy.
The cost of running a dedicated server is much higher than the cost today... IF we should change to a dedicated server (which im against, but could be pursuaded) - it would require substantial donations, and in a much more steady flow than it is today. There have been NO donations at all since we met the requirement for the new internet line, dont see why that should change.

Irming
ICQ 14 38 98 12
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

What is the basic cost?
Irming

Post by Irming »

i havent looked at any specific cost for a dedicated server, but i will start looking a bit around, but a quick glanse show me prices starting around 100$ a month for a dedicated server meeting our requirements (need windows to run the server).

The cost today is in the area of around 40$ a month.

irming
ICQ 14 38 98 12