The randomness of 110 poisoning (Includes wall of results)

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Darion al'Ferran

Re: The randomness of 110 poisoning (Includes wall of result

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Monad wrote:I don't comment on Boris' statements because I have no clue about them, but what I know for facts are these two things:

1) Poisoning is not nerfed
2) There is one level of poisoning above the *coughing blood and saliva* which has different text and all but it's not working. I'll bring it up to Wille to see what can be done about it
Unless I got trolled also. There was a major flaw in poisoning script that was "fixed" which affected poisoning itself.
Wille wrote:Currently I have a couple of important issues that I will look into, like poisoning, and I will fix them as soon as I can. So don't spam my icq too much, thanks.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

There was some bug in paralyze potions, but fixing the bug didn't mean to nerf them in any way. If that has happened, it must be fixed.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

What Boris said, and we have stated many times that we announce all changes on the shard announcements. Negative and positive ones. That is for two reasons what we see happening in this very topic too which could be prevented:

1) If you notice something changed and it's not announced, you should report it as a bug
2) To prevent these nerf rumors rampage all over the shard and infect the rage quit to the more emotional players
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Andoriel wrote:well how does it work in pvm?
Maybe I will try it out with greater poisons. Paying 2000 gp for each deadly/paralyze potion, doesnt just get paid back.

Currently you can just train archers poisoning upto 85 and use indy cloth and get same results with deadly. So all above that lvl of poisoning, is wasted money.
Yonki

Post by Yonki »

Monad wrote:I don't comment on Boris' statements because I have no clue about them, but what I know for facts are these two things:

2) There is one level of poisoning above the *coughing blood and saliva* which has different text and all but it's not working. I'll bring it up to Wille to see what can be done about it
So you are telling me that when he reached 100, took his friends and fucked up the imps... that you (the staff) did absolutely nothing to nerf the effect his poisoning has on others when he successfully makes a hit? I don´t believe that. Boris would never have said those things if they weren´t true. To me this is, again, simple. The effects Boris mentioned should be exactly as he said it worked (and I firmly believe it did up to they point Darion tested it), but only for the one that has 100 base poisoning. That would make that assassin very powerful but not have this too overpowered so he vs some 2 random guys still had very small chance of beating them, but in 1vs1 everyone else is pretty much doomed if he hits first.
And btw... I am in law... and I am training an assassin and I was doing it ONLY because of what I had heard in the past and what Boris confirmed with those comments a year ago. I don´t get piety, I can be instakilled by almost everyone that has piety and even none piety chars like babs, but my carrot was that when I would one day gm poisoning, I could maybe "insta" them back in my own way. I guess I once again was that naive to believe those who control things...
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Yonki wrote:

So you are telling me that when he reached 100, took his friends and fucked up the imps... that you (the staff) did absolutely nothing to nerf the effect his poisoning has on others when he successfully makes a hit? I don´t believe that. Boris would never have said those things if they weren´t true. To me this is, again, simple. The effects Boris mentioned should be exactly as he said it worked (and I firmly believe it did up to they point Darion tested it), but only for the one that has 100 base poisoning. That would make that assassin very powerful but not have this too overpowered so he vs some 2 random guys still had very small chance of beating them, but in 1vs1 everyone else is pretty much doomed if he hits first.
And btw... I am in law... and I am training an assassin and I was doing it ONLY because of what I had heard in the past and what Boris confirmed with those comments a year ago. I don´t get piety, I can be instakilled by almost everyone that has piety and even none piety chars like babs, but my carrot was that when I would one day gm poisoning, I could maybe "insta" them back in my own way. I guess I once again was that naive to believe those who control things...
Monad wrote:1) If you notice something changed and it's not announced, you should report it as a bug
There is no conspiracy.
Yonki

Post by Yonki »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:
Andoriel wrote:well how does it work in pvm?
Maybe I will try it out with greater poisons. Paying 2000 gp for each deadly/paralyze potion, doesnt just get paid back.

Currently you can just train archers poisoning upto 85 and use indy cloth and get same results with deadly. So all above that lvl of poisoning, is wasted money.
It makes no difference to change the poisoning lvl you get from being hit, that is not what was to make this so good... You need to have the effects Boris mentioned so that every hit is a SUCCESSFUL poisoning... they success rate is everything to this skill... or else this is a fucking useless skill to have. You can´t get close to anyone since 1-2 hits from guys like Ivan, Jackson or some piety users is enough to fuck you up, while you maybe have to hit them 5 fucking times to have a successful poisoning effect? And for what? Para them for a second? I can´t even begin to describe how mad I am about this.
Yonki

Post by Yonki »

Yonki wrote:

*Corrected*
I wrote this before I saw your (Monad-Boris) comments above... so if this is a bug that will be fixed... I apologize sincerely... but to me this looked like one more nerf to assassins which I have seen plenty of through this shard so of course I acted emotionally... I fucking love this game and shard, but to have the thing I most seek, ruined was too much to handle.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Yonki wrote:You can´t get close to anyone since 1-2 hits from guys like Ivan, Jackson or some piety users is enough to fuck you up, while you maybe have to hit them 5 fucking times to have a successful poisoning effect? And for what? Para them for a second?
Judging from the para fails on the journal, I'd say something has changed. A few years ago, it was a lot better. I had skirmishes with 2 fencers frequently; they both had para poisoned spears. Each fencer was able to para me without fail for the first 1-2 hits, they didn't need GM poisoning either. Using onyx spears- you can't exactly take 4 hits that don't allow you to drink gheals or use bandies, without suffering severe damage even with a shield/100AR :lol:

The conspiracy cake is not real?! I believe you!
Yonki

Post by Yonki »

Monad wrote:
Yonki wrote:

Monad wrote:1) If you notice something changed and it's not announced, you should report it as a bug
There is no conspiracy.
Maybe not this time or place... but try to live in Iceland and experience what has happened for the last 4 years and then you might understand my emotionality about this. Our past experiences affect our future behaviour. But as I said, if poisoning is suppose to work like Boris talked about a year ago and will be fixed to work that way. I apologize... if not then all what I have said stands. I wait eagerly to see the results.