Why do you hunt?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Why do you hunt?

Fun with friends
32%
money/items
47%
Challenge
17%
other, please specify below
3%

Total votes: 93

Wolfie

Re: Why do you hunt?

Post by Wolfie »

+1 to spawning harder monsters from adventurer's guild :X
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

+1 for a cloth wipe and making them more rare, will fix the economy and will force absolutely everyone to hunt like crazy.. clothes make the economy go round.
Just look at the smith economy at the minute, due to alot of ore spawns being taken out things are actually worth gold again.

also +1 for harder dungeons/more challenges

edit: why I hunt, something to do in game because im pretty bored most of the time. Made a red robber I don't enjoy playing due to game mechanics - as far as gold goes, as long as I can sustain my character don't care about most stuff so its not really about loot too much
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Hunting is most of all, to me, a harmless outlet for my violent instincts.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

because its/was fun.
But when you make a dungeon that has 454353 ophidian deathguards(one of the hardest hiting+poison+fast mosnter) on the entrance of level 3 and a wall blocking the way of luring them to level 2; I say fuck this shit. Same thing with destard, by the time i start royals in level 3 we have drakes spawning one by one... I mean if they spawned all together at once I would reclear it and wala, more loot and more space to kill royal/ancient. But when they spawn one by one its just annoying.
I dont mind chalanging monsters but when the game/dungeon mechanics themself become redicules I wave white flag and pokehunt.
Ps i am taking break myself and waiting to see where the shard goes.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Yeah there is a difference in making hard dungeons and making retarded, frustrating dungeons. Hard dungeons mean hard monsters, perhaps even multiply hard monsters in a same room - like two LOTAs at the same time. However, switches, a hundred spiders, traps etc. aren't what make the dungeon challenging, those are what make the dungeon retarded, frustrating and most of all not fun.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Yeah there is a difference in making hard dungeons and making retarded, frustrating dungeons. Hard dungeons mean hard monsters, perhaps even multiply hard monsters in a same room - like two LOTAs at the same time. However, switches, a hundred spiders, traps etc. aren't what make the dungeon challenging, those are what make the dungeon retarded, frustrating and most of all not fun.
It's like when you were kid you wanted everyday to be a candyday, but parents said no for your own sake, not because they wanted to be assholes. Same thing with dungeons, it would seem like lot of fun if dungeons were filled only with monsters which drop nice loot, but it wouldn't be healthy for the shard. Someone needs to think the bigger picture and that's why we are staff and do not so nice things sometimes for your own sake.
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Actually :X I would like a brain teaser dungeon please... And of course with high end monsters, hidden things that can only be opening maybe once a week or something so they remain hidden for awhile.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Yeah there is a difference in making hard dungeons and making retarded, frustrating dungeons. Hard dungeons mean hard monsters, perhaps even multiply hard monsters in a same room - like two LOTAs at the same time. However, switches, a hundred spiders, traps etc. aren't what make the dungeon challenging, those are what make the dungeon retarded, frustrating and most of all not fun.
+1

maybe things should be fun again? if it's about being hard, then make monsters hard/monster together, whatever. but without gazillions of annoying shit! that just makes you not want to get to the end to fight the boss..

we need challeging dungeons which also gives money and are not annoying.

i think players have more fun in wasting 20 minutes to kill a very hard monster than wasting 10 minutes being trapped by webs or clicking lots of levers then getting to the boss and killing it in 1 minute
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Bring DOOM back, oh wait what?!
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

heh i only went there once but i already had that thought