Discussions about the new PvP rules

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Palma

Re: Discussions about the new PvP rules

Post by Palma »

I did see answers but none of them took my whole lot of doubts. I asked around to many other players if they could explain me better before I posted here.
After understanding that no one could answer, I posted requesting for some examples. I believe that through examples people can understand better.
Biao

Post by Biao »

Calling people retards in public and jailing them for doubts no matter how many they are, is lame. You're the bosses and even though you ain't paid, if you're creating rules that you will enforce later on, you need to give people the chance to understand them. I'm sure they all sound great in your head but the truth is, no one is understanding shit.

When you introduce a new system, you need players to test it, so it can be improved. All the questions regarding it were almost all ignored and the answer was "its optional".... Of course this will cause confusion.

After all this i dont see any experience player using this in any real situation. They will do what they always did and avoid it.
Cruxis Bane wrote:Everything you have asked has been answered in this thread already though so there was no reason to continuously go on about questions answered in the beginning pages.
Most of the real scenarios weren't answered. And if a player actually answer it... do you trust it ? And risk a ban or punishment on a word of a player? People want GMs to give a decisive answer to their questions.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Its pretty straightforward that this is verzion 1 of the .halt as said by ivan and confirmed by the gms in the first few pages. They are going to be updating and making it a fully working system before it becomes mandatory but all that was said in the beginning pages.
Secoy

Post by Secoy »

Cruxis Bane wrote:Its pretty straightforward that this is verzion 1 of the .halt as said by ivan and confirmed by the gms in the first few pages. They are going to be updating and making it a fully working system before it becomes mandatory but all that was said in the beginning pages.
Cruxis please .. Do you chupe picha?

Flaming. 3 days jail - Ares
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

No comprende
Adram

Post by Adram »

the only thing im worried about is the stricter rules make for more whiney players.

i dunno if this is off topic or anything but... what was wrong with the PVP rules? it seemed to make perfect sense to me
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I didn't read the whole 6 pages, but what I'd add to the .halt command is the following:

1. Once targeted, "Halt!" appears above your head. If the victim then doesn't move he has 20 seconds before anyone can attack him. This is the so called response time ("RP time"). When that time goes to zero, we can safely say the victim have had enough time to understand what is going on - and even respond. If possible, even have a script that records the log.

2. After being halted (.halt), should the target make a run for it instead, the moment he takes 10+ steps, the protection wears off and he is free prey whether it took him 1 second or 10 seconds to start running.

3. Additionally, to encourage people to use it, I'd add a "tracking cursor" for you (your group) which always points toward the target as long as he is within 100 tiles of you. That way, should he start running it is easier for you to stay after him.

Only problem is if the target is fighting against a mob and thus is forced to move 10 tiles. Perhaps there can be additional check that as long as he is being targeted by a mob, if he moves it won't break the protection until he is out of the mob's range.
Ares

Post by Ares »

#3 won't work - That's a free truesight.
Ert
Counselor

Post by Ert »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
1. Once targeted, "Halt!" appears above your head. If the victim then doesn't move he has 20 seconds before anyone can attack him. This is the so called response time ("RP time"). When that time goes to zero, we can safely say the victim have had enough time to understand what is going on - and even respond. If possible, even have a script that records the log.

Thats exacly what this isint, its not a time to RP the attack, thats WAY too short.
If he does not move, you dont even need the command. But you still must rp like normal.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Ares wrote:#3 won't work - That's a free truesight.
The cursor would appear only once the .halt command has been used. That requires standing next to the target. Therefore it's nothing like a true-sight. Besides, now people use tracking and set their target on the victim in case he decides to run even before talking to him. That said this would not make a huge difference, but might be enough to encourage people to use it.
Ert wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:

Thats exacly what this isint, its not a time to RP the attack, thats WAY too short.
If he does not move, you dont even need the command. But you still must rp like normal.

Do you have any idea how short the current "respond" time is? It's non-exist. According to rules it is supposed to be at least 10 seconds, but in most cases it's not, because people are afraid of backup. In PvP 20 seconds is a long time and even when it reaches zero, it doesn't mean you have to attack instantly, it only means you've at least given enough time to respond and understand what is going on. Of course if the victim has been co-operative and nice, the "RP" can go on for longer.

By all means it's not meant to be 20 seconds and gank, but more like a guarantee that there's AT LEAST 20 seconds.