Things that suck! Not so nice things!

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Maximilian Lhoth

Things that suck! Not so nice things!

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

The average human being is not always completely satisfied with everything.

This thread is meant for people to tell about things that suck in 1) their own lives 2) on our planet 3) the universe
Mike

Re: Things that suck! Not so nice things!

Post by Mike »

Cicero was murdered.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Earth will eventually die, that sucks.
Maximilian Lhoth

the fact alcohol consumption leads to alcohol tolerance

inability to get work without being a superhuman due to the capitalist pig moving the labour to china, india, or machines simply doing the work

vulgar feminism

immigration from somalia

resources from the public sector being cut all over the european "well-doing" countries sooner or later (I am afraid)

penniless good-looking punkrockers not getting laid while boring normal normal looking guys who go to work get laid
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote: inability to get work without being a superhuman due to the capitalist pig moving the labour to china, india, or machines simply doing the work
+1
Maximilian Lhoth

christianity related thinking: "you have to suffer, you have to be profitable, you must not enjoy". they develop medicines for all kinds of sickness, but still we drink fokken alcohol to get a buzz. and hey, remember, that condoms don't protect you from HIV! okay I mentioned christianity, I don't even consider mentioning islam (the liberal/secular muslims are an exception, they're cool).
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

You obviously lack proper information. I'm not gonna start a religious discussion like the one we had in pangaea2 forums.
But if you think christianity is about suffering, not enjoying and being profitable, you are wrong.
Yes, it's true, that's what a lot of people think, and unfortunately many of those that say they are christians think like that, that's why that line of thought exists. But it's not at all about it.
You could argue about the suffering part and the enjoying part, but not about the profitable part. Really. I'd like to know who the f*** started spreading out that christianity and capitalism go hand in hand. But it goes back centuries already.
About the condom/hiv thing, i don't know the exact thing the pope say, but if he said that, it's just wrong. But then again, I don't think he did.
Also, about islamism, you think that because of what you see like al qaeda and stuff they're all like that?
Chivay

Post by Chivay »

Religions.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Chivay wrote:Religions.
:lol:
Maximilian Lhoth

You obviously lack proper information. I'm not gonna start a religious discussion like the one we had in pangaea2 forums.
But if you think christianity is about suffering, not enjoying and being profitable, you are wrong.

Anti-hedonism is there, it has its pluses and minuses.

Yes, it's true, that's what a lot of people think, and unfortunately many of those that say they are christians think like that, that's why that line of thought exists. But it's not at all about it.

Christians vary from liberal/semi-secural, just as muslims. (and other religious people)

You could argue about the suffering part and the enjoying part, but not about the profitable part. Really. I'd like to know who the f*** started spreading out that christianity and capitalism go hand in hand. But it goes back centuries already.

Capitalism should not go hand in hand with christianity, this is a fact. But then again, people turn christianity into pop-christianity.

About the condom/hiv thing, i don't know the exact thing the pope say, but if he said that, it's just wrong. But then again, I don't think he did.

Heh, TBH, I'm not sure either what he said, it was just in .fi newspapers. I think he later said he was wrong, gotta find out more about the issue myself before stating anything more about this.

Also, about islamism, you think that because of what you see like al qaeda and stuff they're all like that?

Islam and being "al qaeda" / jihadist / are different things. As long as it's personal, it's no issue to me.

Personally I, myself, prefer scientific agnosticism. Still I give people the freedom of thought. :)