Macrocheck

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Glarundis

Re: Macrocheck

Post by Glarundis »

the alliance break up ended all the pvp because ppl don't want to log in...we've discussed this over and over and over. we all know that if religion x has less members to pvp now, religion y is facing the same problem so we could just log in and pvp. 10vs10 -> 5vs5 dammit how many times we have to say this
if anything i'd lower the piety requirement for sieges to 280
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Glarundis wrote:the alliance break up ended all the pvp because ppl don't want to log in...we've discussed this over and over and over. we all know that if religion x has less members to pvp now, religion y is facing the same problem so we could just log in and pvp. 10vs10 -> 5vs5 dammit how many times we have to say this
And we all know that most of PvP actually ended about month or more BEFORE the alliance breaking was enforced. How do you explain that?
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Jyrgen wrote:
Glarundis wrote:the alliance break up ended all the pvp because ppl don't want to log in...we've discussed this over and over and over. we all know that if religion x has less members to pvp now, religion y is facing the same problem so we could just log in and pvp. 10vs10 -> 5vs5 dammit how many times we have to say this
And we all know that most of PvP actually ended about month or more BEFORE the alliance breaking was enforced. How do you explain that?
I think Glarundis is saying that the alliance breakup is not an excuse for the inactivity in PVP.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Oh, my bad.
Argus

Post by Argus »

I know it's been talked about to death. I'm a new player here and I have to agree. I must say you guys are doing something right, this server is ancient in Ultima online years. However, I've seen 3 people in the last 5 days of playing here, and I've been to Britain, Moonglow and Ocllo. It's great to have a server with difficult skill gain. It builds value to characters and it weeds out people who aren't willing to work.

At the same time, macroing shouldn't be the extent of your play time. The only way that Ive talked to players is by going on the forums and finding ICQ numbers. All of these players ,atleast 8, have been here since 2005 a few of them longer. And guess what, all they're doing is macroing alts. To be honest I'm not sure why I've stuck around, at the rate I can play vs. skill gain it will take me 6 months to create a competitive character.

I'm not saying to make it easy. I actually don't see the issue of being able to afk macro non-crafting related skills. Heck you could even make it where there are certain times of the day that macro check is on, and sections of the day where it isn't. And here's the thing, even If I was able to afk macro a few skills, it still is going to take a week or two of straight macroing to GM.
There needs to be an incentive to invest into the character, and it's difficult to login as a new player and devote all this time when I see literally 2 people on when I use .online. It's practically the same thing at the moment, the few players that login are just macroing anyway, whether they have the macro alarm or not. The point of no-afk macro is so that the entire server is not just macroing all the time.
And there are a few different options which would still hold value for characters and at the same time let new players come and enjoy the server. Training is not the stuff you remember when you think on a server. It's actually playing the game. It's raids from religions, it's creating a hunting party to defeat some monster. It's creating an empire out of your guild, or being the top selling blacksmith. None of which involve minimizing UO until you hear an alarm, while you surf the web.

One last thought to keep in mind is this. Ultima online players are becoming fewer and fewer everyday. Everyone whos a veteran here is not the same person you were when you started. 10-15 years is a long time, alot of you were teenagers with no responsiblities when this took off. The few Ultima online players that are left are getting old, heck I started in 2001 at age 11 playing this UO. I'm married now, we don't have the same time to devote to this thing as we did. I think that's something that veteran players forget. You can devote alot of time to play while you are a sophomore in highschool.

These are just a few ideas from a new player. You can have the best of both worlds, and you can do it right as the same time.
Last edited by Argus on Wed May 15, 2013 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranokan

Post by Ranokan »

Thanks for your feedback Argus, I think it is important to have your view as a vet new player. I agree and I think it would be in important step on Pangaea to consider a way to ease the training of some core skills.

The afk macro of some skills within walls could be a partly solution imo.

Argon
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

As an example, we could tie skill books to any loot. The % drop rate can be as small as 1% or something. It may sound null, but if it applies to all monsters around the world, it's actually much higher than it sounds.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Toby Frost

Post by Toby Frost »

Boris wrote:As an example, we could tie skill books to any loot. The % drop rate can be as small as 1% or something. It may sound null, but if it applies to all monsters around the world, it's actually much higher than it sounds.

- Boris
+1
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

Sounds good...
But what do the skill books do? :D
A man once told Buddha, "I want happiness."
Buddha replied, "First, remove I" That's Ego.
Then remove "want". That's desire.
And now all you're left with is Happiness.
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

only book i ever saw was expert book of itemid and it raised my 42.x skill with .1
291-697-526