New topic discussion

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Iktomi

Re: New topic discussion

Post by Iktomi »

Not to mention the rat infestations, vandalism, etc.
Aerius

Post by Aerius »

And those filthy hobbitses... Stealin everyones precious. :cry:
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

The point callum is who do those that have houses outside of towns pay taxes to? My tent that is in the middle of no where could have been setup by my character shouldn't pay taxes no matter the amount because I get no benefit from it. The taxes on houses was a later pang idea and are now just starting to have a use besides taking money out of the economy. If you are not in town you have no use in paying taxes but should rather suffer from not having the benefits of someone who pays taxes like basil said. The system should be good enough to make people want to have a house in town not try to be outside of it. Plus most benefits only affect the town not the actual house or owner for those just a few feet outside of it. Pay taxes on my moonglow house I still have to run to guards for protection or run into town to see any of my taxes at work. I don't get anything special on or in my house for living in that city? You say it is rewarding robbers however reds have always been underdogs on this shard since day one they do have a bit more ability now however say people who arnt red take the houses then the reds that need safe houses cant find them because some mayor decides to put guards in say cove or some other outlying town that is normally guardless. Also you should look at like balu isle or marble isle as I mentioned earlier what benefit could they ever receive besides a possible bridge for them to pay taxes to anyone. Taxing in town should definitely be taxed as that's where people always want to live the houses are generally better and roomier and its safe. But for those who take the risk to live outside of town shouldn't have to suffer and pay aswell.
Shednil

Post by Shednil »

I can see the problem with taking away taxes completely for those houses outside the cities since I could just have a small house in the city to make me a citizen and a big outside the city with no taxes in.

It is all depending on how the system will work, you could ofcourse make the rewards for being a citizen greater depending on your house value in the city. Makes sence that the richer have more influence in the city, if it was like that I would also like to be able to donate gold to the city to increase my influence about the changes in the city
*Imagines people vote about the changes and the mayor is able to see votes and influence points ( house value ) before she makes a decision*

But since I dont really like it that way I would rather give a small disadvantage to the houses outside the cities
Maybe keep the taxes at 0.2% for its own maintenance and take away some of the secure lockboxes in them instead depending on how big the houses are since it is harder to keep things safe out in the wild away from all guards.

You say it is rewarding robbers however reds have always been underdogs on this shard since day one they do have a bit more ability now however say people who arnt red take the houses then the reds that need safe houses cant find them because some mayor decides to put guards in say cove or some other outlying town that is normally guardless.
I belive that it just give more to change for the players which I only see as a good thing. While I belive people who live in a city without guards want it that way I also think that if most of those who live there want guards they should be able to buy it. Even if it is guards that just attack order of the law or what the citizens decide to be enemies against.
Should be able to be just as much for the "Reds" as against them, depending on the citizens.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

But on another note would it be possible to add a feature to where if you keep money in your bank that you can elect for taxes to auto come out of there instead of having to use the sign?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Cruxis Bane wrote:But on another note would it be possible to add a feature to where if you keep money in your bank that you can elect for taxes to auto come out of there instead of having to use the sign?
That will be added with a banker cut (whatever it is... 10%?).

Also I think houses without taxes can be solved with extra house value - if needed.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

The wealthy have a way out? This is so Republican 'Murican, let's do this.
632-140-419
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Some new stuff here.

Today I realized how much impact the mayor system will have. It's a dynamic system that affects the whole world. The more a town has player owned housing, the more taxes they receive to run the town. Lots of tax money, lots of protection, services and resources. No taxes, no money -> problems ahead. Some win, some lose. Some mayors will have no problems at all, and others are forced to compromise (and do a handful of cutbacks; from guards, vendors or other services). Running a town successfully isn't going to be a no-brainer.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Will the players be able to make donation to his/her own town?
Ares

Post by Ares »

Bella Pious wrote:Will the players be able to make donation to his/her own town?
They already are (check the townstone).