The new character restoration policy

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Cirius Do'Brim

Re: The new character restoration policy

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

I think that's something that could be tied to the price, because even I killed most of my characters when I started GM'ing (back in 2006). If I were to restore my characters back, that'd be like...

Being dead for 7 years and coming back is kind of... blergh!
Prince

Post by Prince »

Being dead for 7 years and coming back is kind of
someone found you and "An Corp"
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Of course anything can be role-played, no one's denying that, but it's still quite a blergh after a funeral, gravestone and whatnot. At least I would rather restore a character with a different first name, role-playing it as a lost son or cousin or something similar.
Biao

Post by Biao »

Any eta of when irming will have some free time to recover some more characters ?
Oomari

Post by Oomari »

I have an empty char slot, and are thinking to restore a char. But i cant remember names, class and skills on them all, so my Question is can i ask you to tell me what chars there has been deleted on my account and from that pick an old char to restore ???

Asking since i do want to restore a char from my account, but im not sure what class she was when i deleted her :-)
Ares

Post by Ares »

Oomari wrote:I have an empty char slot, and are thinking to restore a char. But i cant remember names, class and skills on them all, so my Question is can i ask you to tell me what chars there has been deleted on my account and from that pick an old char to restore ???

Asking since i do want to restore a char from my account, but im not sure what class she was when i deleted her :-)
There's about 210 files to look through, each taking a couple minutes (big files), so you'll have to try and be a bit more specific.

And no, no eta on Irming I'm afraid.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

My character was recently restored, but it's unplayable since it lacks "the main backpack" (also can't see one in the paperdoll) and thus can't open the inventory.
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Oomari wrote:I have an empty char slot, and are thinking to restore a char. But i cant remember names, class and skills on them all, so my Question is can i ask you to tell me what chars there has been deleted on my account and from that pick an old char to restore ???

are you sure that char was on this server? :D
Ares

Post by Ares »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:My character was recently restored, but it's unplayable since it lacks "the main backpack" (also can't see one in the paperdoll) and thus can't open the inventory.
Yeah that happens. Get a hold of a GM and he'll fix ya, or just get a backpack and drag/drop it to your paperdoll.
Sane Burkz

Post by Sane Burkz »

Ares I've sent you another PM with more accurate info.

Let's hope you find my characters :)