PvP/RP videos - shard advertising

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Quintoz

Re: PvP/RP videos - shard advertising

Post by Quintoz »

Kat Asherstone wrote:
Quintoz wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:I guess people focus on PvP videos because they are interesting to watch, even for a veteran like me. There's action, it's always more or les different and people can "cheer" for their friends.

A random PvM video on the other hand, unless there really is something special about it, is boring at least to me and I guess to many players like me who have nothing "new" about killing those mobs. When I watched that Wanderer of the Void video I knew exactly what was going to happen. I understand they might be interesting for newbies which is why we should have a few videos like that as well, but one can't blame people for making a lot of PvP videos. Once you've seen one wanderer of the void going down, you've seen them all.

Quests are different and maybe champions mobs would be different but they are yet to be implemented.
This, the video where we kill the void will never be as intresting as a short pvp clip of whatever. Mobs AI just gets figured out and it's just a matter of rinse and repeat. Just look at everyother game out there and it's the exact samething.
New players of EVERY game will ALWAYS look for videos of what to expect in the game, we are doing a disservice to any new player that wants to learn more about how we do things here by only showing them a part of the game.

website says we're balanced, the videos posted show them that PvP is what matters... that's not balance.
WELL if YOU don't MIND i'll MAKE my VIDEOS the WAY i WANT too.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Kat Asherstone wrote:website says we're balanced, the videos posted show them that PvP is what matters... that's not balance.
All I see is a player, who loves the game so much, he made a video.

Overanalyzing or overreacting? Maybe yes?
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:
RP isn't attractive and there's nothing new in that.
Yeah except I can get more players here with the promise of RP than with the promise of "You can murder other players"
I mean I could almost guarantee an extra 15-20 players if I knew for a fact I wasn't just handing them over to be killed by people that don't even want to RP with them before hand.
I have a few on the line right now wanting to play but afraid that their first day playing will be like my other friends where he was plauged, re-plauged, killed and left to have his corpse camped by bearers because "that's within the rules", screenshots turned in and instead of busting the player for abusing the system under the asshole rule... we just remove the asshole rule instead... and people try and say that we aren't a PvP shard.

They don't want to chance spending 3 hours playing to have fun and roleplay when they will only be treated like a targeting dummy.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:
Kat Asherstone wrote:website says we're balanced, the videos posted show them that PvP is what matters... that's not balance.
All I see is a player, who loves the game so much, he made a video.

Overanalyzing or overreacting? Maybe yes?
So it should be on youtube, not on our website that totes us as being "A good balance"
Make a montage of PvM and PvP if it's going to be balanced, but having videos of PvP and none of RP or PvM is not "a good balance" unless the words balance and good have different meanings by not being EFL.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

and that's fine Quintoz, but they shouldn't be used to reflect the server, they should be used to tout Tekstone or PvP, but not THE SERVER.
UNLESS, the server is going to be PvP

no clue how people are still missing that point.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Kat Asherstone wrote: no clue how people are still missing that point.
Pretty sure you are the one missing the point.
Pangaea Website wrote:A good combination of RP and PvP, giving everyone a chance to do their favourite thing.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

We all get your point, but our vaginas aren't bleeding as badly as yours.
Ares

Post by Ares »

I think you're missing the point here.

I already wrote that I added the PvM videos and the only reason they weren't there was because I just made the page yesterday and only had those 2.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Kat Asherstone wrote: no clue how people are still missing that point.
Pretty sure you are the one missing the point.
Pangaea Website wrote:A good combination of RP and PvP, giving everyone a chance to do their favourite thing.
You keep using that website quote about "good combination" when it's clearly not, if it was then we'd have more players RP'ing than crying "that'll unbalance PvP"
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:We all get your point, but our vaginas aren't bleeding as badly as yours.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2