New vein locations.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Gorath Blackmind

New vein locations.

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Gotta hand it to you, you really hid them well. :D Spent 3 hours last night trying to find any veins, and quite a bit of assay kits. Found myself 1 verite vein and 1 vein I couldnt identify with 82 mining. Well done, lads! Guess I gotta LOOK HARDER!

Btw, I checked some of the old veins, like 9 of them, and found 0. Did you really take away all the low end veins from the old places? And by low end I mean silver, lunar, radlius and lower.
Malron

Re: New vein locations.

Post by Malron »

Also wondering how so many veins were "added"? I cannot find anything new on the main continent. Tile....by....tile. *twitch*

unless 20+ "veins" were 20+ tiles? :)
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

There are over a million possible mining veins, I doubt one would be able to assay a fraction of those in 3 hours let alone 3 days... The lesser veins were changed mostly before 2010, some veins were switched and some remained. You'd have much better luck getting locations from someone else than assaying areas, I think it would be nice if there were more veins scattered rather than bunched up in various locations to promote active assaying :)
Mox

Post by Mox »

Interesting point, and was on my Todo list.
I added some hints here and there in the form of dead miners. Should you discover one....who knows what clue he might give
Neal

Post by Neal »

i did check the whole map, and i found only 1 dead miner :?
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Neal wrote:i did check the whole map, and i found only 1 dead miner :?
Some clues are better than no clues =D I'm happy to get anything at all.

Perhaps some were stuck inside dungeons with notes hinting the vein locations.
Yudhishthir

Post by Yudhishthir »

I've found some veins in sandy locations. Where you can assay the tile of sand, and it will tell you there's an ore there. But when you try to mine it, it directs you to use a shovel, and when you use a shovel, you ONLY mine up sand. And no ore.

I've also found other locations, where you can detect an ore via an assay kit, but when you go to use a pickaxe, and "last target" to match up with the assay kit. It's out of reach ----> This is because the assay kit can tile 1 farther then the pickaxe can. Would be mighty helpful if both items were made to have the same range! I've looked it up in the WoD scripts before, and I believe pickaxes have a range of 2, where assay kits have a range of 3. Doesn't technically make sense, since the kit is all small bottles which would be in your hand, and the pickaxe is on a stick. I'm sure the axe would have more range. But the way it's off now, you can uncover ore tiles, and yet not mine them.

I'm sure I've found tiles that weren't there before. But when you find new stuff placed in the sand or out of reach of a pickaxe. It's not really new and available!

Keep an eye out for crazed miners or obsistum elementals. So far I've only found them in areas with no mineable tiles around them, only sand. Sad panda!
Mox

Post by Mox »

Yudhishthir wrote:I've found some veins in sandy locations. Where you can assay the tile of sand, and it will tell you there's an ore there. But when you try to mine it, it directs you to use a shovel, and when you use a shovel, you ONLY mine up sand. And no ore.

I've also found other locations, where you can detect an ore via an assay kit, but when you go to use a pickaxe, and "last target" to match up with the assay kit. It's out of reach ----> This is because the assay kit can tile 1 farther then the pickaxe can. Would be mighty helpful if both items were made to have the same range! I've looked it up in the WoD scripts before, and I believe pickaxes have a range of 2, where assay kits have a range of 3. Doesn't technically make sense, since the kit is all small bottles which would be in your hand, and the pickaxe is on a stick. I'm sure the axe would have more range. But the way it's off now, you can uncover ore tiles, and yet not mine them.

I'm sure I've found tiles that weren't there before. But when you find new stuff placed in the sand or out of reach of a pickaxe. It's not really new and available!

Keep an eye out for crazed miners or obsistum elementals. So far I've only found them in areas with no mineable tiles around them, only sand. Sad panda!
Whoa, we'll have a look into the assaykit range versus the pickaxe range.
Should you find veins on sand, do jot down the X/Y location and inform me about it. That definately needs to be fixed :)

Great feedback, thanks!
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Was that a bug? :o
There's always been some spots (royal, empy) out of reach, despite being able to assay them. Fixing those would be nice indeed.

Another issue is that I mined the new ore while just doing rows. Later went back with assays to find out exactly where it was, and I got nothing. At all. Think it was one day after the timewarp, is it still there or was intentionally removed/moved?