Weekly Updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

tennmiller

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by tennmiller »

I would have much rather been told that we'd be waiting an eon rather than being tossed into a dead shard.
--

Jarid Devine,
345-179-875
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Glarundis wrote:atleast for me, i don't think the staff should be worried about having opened the shard too soon and now ppl are not playing..if the shard was closed ppl wouldn't be playing either :P
ppl could be playing, they don't play because they're not willing anymore, because we're all too focused on religions :P and robbers destroyed the motivation of whoever was playing..
That's a good point. It's rather hilarious if you think about it, because religions can either be the reason people will or will not play, depending on your perspective :lol:.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

tennmiller wrote:I would have much rather been told that we'd be waiting an eon rather than being tossed into a dead shard.
The shard wasn't dead, someone killed it, and ppl started leaving. Besides, we can all wait an eon with our own free will even if the shard was alive, for the little players that would want to play. It doesn't harm anyone that the shard is live, but I do understand that we'd all prefer if the shard had enough players constantly. But let's face it, why aren't ppl playing? Because of religions only? I doubt it..There can be plenty of pvp without religions, and it should be even funnier, imo, unless for some reason you want the kicks of being fully blessed against other equally fully blessed characters, and you enjoy the colors.. I think it has more to do with the fact that the shard needs to be dynamic and have a good working siege system. I bet ppl would play if that system was in place, even without religions.
Harlequin

Post by Harlequin »

Deja vu. :lol: Pre-mature opening and vicious cycle of slowing player/scripter interest.

In Blckfire's defense, scripting isn't anywhere near as simple as popping on for 20 minutes, as I'd say it typically takes at least 30+ minutes to get your mind into a state where you can actually do some productive coding (remembering all the various connections, objects, quirks, etc.)

Hopefully it can still work out!
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Glarundis wrote:
tennmiller wrote:I would have much rather been told that we'd be waiting an eon rather than being tossed into a dead shard.
The shard wasn't dead, someone killed it, and ppl started leaving.
I tell you..its sweds...
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Simmo wrote:
Glarundis wrote:
The shard wasn't dead, someone killed it, and ppl started leaving.
I tell you..its sweds...
Ironicly you're correct, without us there's noone to pvp, nothing to do, server dead. Should've catored to the pvpers when people still cared.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

I was trolling :P. There was some pvp but mainly only "bad guys" noone to oppose them.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Sweds assemble.

Fuck you Simmo.

Hueueueueueuueue
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Simmo wrote:I was trolling :P. There was some pvp but mainly only "bad guys" noone to oppose them.
Which is why it was ironic.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Harlequin wrote:In Blckfire's defense, scripting isn't anywhere near as simple as popping on for 20 minutes, as I'd say it typically takes at least 30+ minutes to get your mind into a state where you can actually do some productive coding (remembering all the various connections, objects, quirks, etc.)...
Thanks for this, totally true and that's why things are moving slowly. Because to I need to have at least 1h completely free and undisturbed to be able to get something done. Which at this point in time, is complicated.

But I'm working things out, so I can free some time to be able to be more active.