Shard is down

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

blckfire
Scripter

Re: Shard is down

Post by blckfire »

Router blocked... I can timewarp to the hour, if you guys want. Because the connection was only severed on your side.
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

We are down
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Server is up and running... Can anyone tell what the symptoms were?
Raegen Keenarrow

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

Well all I can report is that as of yesterday I would keep getting instant "Connection Lost" throughout my gameplay. No lag spikes and things seemed to be fine on my end net-wise. Perhaps the server was having hiccups throughout those moments and kicking me at random. I could log back in instantly most times, but some times it would take a few minutes before being able to log back in. There was at least two times however, that the server would sit at "Unable to Login to the server" speel while I was able to browse fine and dandy elsewhere. I just couldn't connect to the server, but it didn't last too long.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Qual-Kehji wrote:Well all I can report is that as of yesterday I would keep getting instant "Connection Lost" throughout my gameplay. No lag spikes and things seemed to be fine on my end net-wise. Perhaps the server was having hiccups throughout those moments and kicking me at random. I could log back in instantly most times, but some times it would take a few minutes before being able to log back in. There was at least two times however, that the server would sit at "Unable to Login to the server" speel while I was able to browse fine and dandy elsewhere. I just couldn't connect to the server, but it didn't last too long.
If you lived in the states I would blame it on this net neutrality BS Obama and the libs pushed :D

Everything is fine on my end, aside from the two step shuffle I occasionally get, I have been running around swimmingly, as for the two step shuffle, it is the dance I have been living with lo these many years I have been playing on Pangaea and I chalk it up to a client issue that will probably not be resolved unless we move to a newer client, however, I have been wrong in the past and would not push for moving to a newer client until the pol core we are using is moved forward.

I am curious I know an off topic question but has anyone used Leatrix Latency Fix and have any success with it fixing some of the issues with Pangaea and their own connection? Based on my limited knowledge of computer connections and based on this from the faq "it will affect any application that you have installed which uses the TCP protocol to transfer data" and that Ultima uses this protocol instead of UDP I think it might help some issues for some people just was curious if anyone has used it. I first became aware of this thing awhile ago when i was still heavily vested in WoW (no, I was not one of those annoying "put on a play for a half hour and call it roleplay" players :D). Anyways I may install it and see what is what, but I won't really know how to tell if it is affecting anything cause I don't have the foggiest idea on how to run any kind of tests to see what my connections look like.

Note I do not vouch for this program just something I thought I would drop so take this warning as an install at your own risk, I am certain it is harmless as it is posted on a well known addons site for WoW but you never know with exe's.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

Damnit, who let the kids play with the computer? We crashed about 30 min ago, no lag before or no warning, just down.
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Raegen Keenarrow

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

I watched the last couple episodes of my show hoping it would come up by then. Guess I'll take this as a sign to stay away from UO for the day and get back to my texture art instead. : P
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Back up
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Going to try something out. So, do not go hunting until I say it is ok. Can be that I have to restart the pc several times ;)
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Down again, and I DIDN'T LISTEN

Edit: back up again, a minute or two timewarp
I whine, therefore I am