Tournament

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Dyne

Re: Tournament

Post by Dyne »

i just want it to be fun.
imo its not really fun when im up against people with elite armor and Vanq Weps.

kinda makes it lame. makes it so the people with money have an advantage over us common nubs. if ur really a leet player you wouldnt have problems with this idea ;) .

i was kinda hoping maybe the GM's would get involved and hand out the armor for the matches and then take them back afterwords.
or perhaps everyone should pool some amount of gold for a smith to make us all some turny armor. or tailor for the casters.
Gutian

Post by Gutian »

Dyne wrote:i just want it to be fun.
imo its not really fun when im up against people with elite armor and Vanq Weps.

kinda makes it lame. makes it so the people with money have an advantage over us common nubs. if ur really a leet player you wouldnt have problems with this idea ;) .

i was kinda hoping maybe the GM's would get involved and hand out the armor for the matches and then take them back afterwords.
or perhaps everyone should pool some amount of gold for a smith to make us all some turny armor. or tailor for the casters.
The tournament could have some rules like: X armor to fighters, Y´s weapons allowed, W armor to magic users and V staffs for them and so on... that will make people look for merchants.
Cheap stuff so everybody can buy what they need to enter the tournament. Then the difference of armor and weapons will not be a problem so you cannot say: "yeh, you won because you have a super mega hiper instakiller maul" or whatever!
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Andrew De'lere wrote:Opposing Religions being involved is retarded and bad rp imo.
Dude wasn't the Doom quest your idea? :mrgreen:

Every so often I don't see why we couldn't have an un-RP event just for fun myself.
Andrew De'lere

Post by Andrew De'lere »

There a difference between a gm led quest through a dungeon most players have never seen and a weekly tournament... at least imo.
Gutian

Post by Gutian »

I wouldnt say un-RP event...it could and should be a RP event, but rules are rules...and who makes the tournament makes the rules...and they must be followed. if you dont wanna play by the rules you dont partecipate in the event.

If theres no other fights allowed but the tournament fights, it has to be that way .end.
RP whatever you want in words...tell you hate eachothers :P

And...maybe some GM help would resolve that religion problem...and the murderers problem with Law and so on...
Zyppo

Post by Zyppo »

This is why I won't allow religious folks in this tournament.

Zyppo-Star
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

no god / dragon interference =)
Kira

Post by Kira »

well then we should make something like play gold on the character winning and win gold that way to, like on the horse tracks and such, you bet like 150 gold on the person you think will win and you get a deal of the full pot, then we just need someone trusted to hold the gold, i could do it for the RP. could me pretty nice to just watch people smack eachothers faces to the ground :lol:

I am pretty good at math, so it shure wouldnt be a problem for me.
that would attract more people like merchants to the fight just to bet on someone getting killed.
Birds Nest: 364-322-303
-The Shani Family-