Identity Rule

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Foxwood

Re: Identity Rule

Post by Foxwood »

Glarundis, you are making this so very difficult. It is not rocket science. You meet someone new in-game... What happens first, usually? Introductions are made. That's the "screw game mechanics"-part. Forget about the fact that the guy has his own name floating above his own head. Your character is not supposed to see it, in this case. It is quite like in real life, when you run into someone interesting... Does he have a name tag stapled on his forehead? Likely not. If he does, you hang around with some special groups of people. You introduce one another, or not, or just start talking, doing whatever you like to do with complete strangers.

But you don't say: "Hello Marcus, second in command of [The Baseballs]", if there's no way you two had ever met before, and you actually have no idea who it is you're talking to.
Makes sense, no?

EDIT: Also, Glarundis, about "How in the hell am I going to figure out which one of my 5 characters knew this dude that just said hello to me?"-dilemmas... Nothing is perfect. No one is perfect. You forgot, who cares? People are forgiving.

-Foxwood
My account has the following (playable) characters:

~ Alastor Wormsent
~ Ravauvial

If you have any complaints about aforementioned characters, contact me!
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Ah well after being a roleplay shard since 2001 I thought Pangaea would be ready for this.
Apparently this basic roleplay was to much for some people.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

then don't care about it!do it yourself. What can you do if other's don't want to do it?like I said before, even without the rule, ppl may continue to do the same
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Glarundis wrote:then don't care about it!do it yourself. What can you do if other's don't want to do it?like I said before, even without the rule, ppl may continue to do the same

Already doing it myself. Always done and always will. In every roleplay game this exist. But not on Pangaea.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Foxwood

Post by Foxwood »

Glarundis, again you're making rocket science out of Legos.

The shard claims to be a RP shard. RP required, PvP allowed. Correct me if I am wrong.
"I don't want to RP"? Then why are you on an RP shard? RP shards are a rarity among the hundreds of servers out there. There's something for everyone. But not wanting to RP on RP shards, or wanting to ESPECIALLY do that in such places is not the topic here anyway.. No offense, but right now you're starting to look like a carnie with a funny carrot-shaped hat to me with your trying to make mountains out of molehills. It is a very simple matter of "what should be done with a particular shard rule?"

As for the other comments, Mike summed it up pretty nicely, RP is not about who has the longest posts, it is more about interaction between the roles of characters we play. Sometimes that interaction is conflict without a single word of warning or a 2 pages long story, if it is a fitting act to commit (for your character that is). But the shard rules also forbid straight action like that in most cases. Go figure...

Anyway, it is nice this subject got attention and many perspectives from others.

-Foxwood
Last edited by Foxwood on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My account has the following (playable) characters:

~ Alastor Wormsent
~ Ravauvial

If you have any complaints about aforementioned characters, contact me!
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Here is what I think. You can RP this wether there is a rule or not. Sure, you can "delete" the rule, but people who don't want to RP will probably continue to not bother about these things.
Done.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Glarundis wrote:Here is what I think. You can RP this wether there is a rule or not. Sure, you can "delete" the rule, but people who don't want to RP will probably continue to not bother about these things.
Done.

Then they are breaking the rules. What stops most people from muling? Rules. Some people don't bother about the rules. They get punished.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Blide

Post by Blide »

Glarundis wrote:then don't care about it!do it yourself. What can you do if other's don't want to do it?like I said before, even without the rule, ppl may continue to do the same
Those people should be enforced. They should come to the star wars MUD that i also play. It is strictly RP server, text based and you have to write charecter info and charecter description about it. Also if you want something special like alligment change, side change(from empire to rebels for example), have a jedi or a sith you have to write an application. What race is your charecter, what is its apperance, how does it behave, is he/she deaf, blind, does have a tonge? Whats the background? Etc. The possibilities are really endless.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

There are shards like that :P
What's the one with the races?
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Isn't it character? ;D

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat