New Robber Rule.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

Re: New Robber Rule.

Post by Johnny Walac »

Masano wrote:
Boris wrote:
And what we do to running away a red name? Well, starts with a warning and if it continues, we'll start marking accounts for it ofcourse. It's legal to run away from a Halt, but running a away on sight due to the color of a name is surely another thing.

- Boris
The old rule (which I havnt seen has been changed anywhere) is that every player knows every other player on sight whether they have spoken to them or not. Therefore it is logical that upon seeing someone you know to be a robber or murderer you would run away rather than hang around for a chit chat.

Interections between aggressors and innocents should always be favourable to the innocent party for reasons which have nothing to do with RP.
Then it is also very logical that the robber attacks a victim on sight.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Masano

Post by Masano »

But like I said innocents should always have the advantage over the aggressor so robbers shouldnt be allowed to attack on sight but victims should be able to run.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

well the question is.
do we try to make it like it works for uo world?
or for real life?
in real life, you don't run from a robber you've never seen, so there's rp. he doesn't simply start taking your stuff, he says give me your stuff first.so there's rp
there's rp from both parties. Unless it's the second time, and in that case, you may run.

if it's based on uo world.well. i guess ppl could run and attack on sight if everyone knows everyone.though robbers attacking on sight makes it pretty easy to ambush and kill ppl before they even realize it.all it takes is that you go afk 10 seconds and have the bad luck of the robber popping in your screen in that timespan

i'd rather have it always rp, but possibility to run for the player after the robber has robbed him once.
possibility for the robber to attack on sight only if the player has run on sight before. so let's assume at the third attempt (first attempt, both parties rp, second attempt, victim runs.third attempt, robber attacks on sight)
Masano

Post by Masano »

All this is just over complicating things and why? Because one robber is getting annoyed with people running away? Tough luck, this has never been a red friendly server and I dont see why that should change, especially when the playerbase is so low.

Glarundis, the whole 'realism RP' argument is just bullshit and can be argued either way. Even in the context of the UO world... if I was alone in the woods and I saw some guy I didnt know and had never seen before charging towards me with a spear (well known in the land for being the weapon of choice for a robber) would i wait around and see if they were bringing me some cookies or actually think "fuck this i got no idea who this guy is and hes got a spear, im not gonna wait here and see whether he will brutally murder me or not, time to go"
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Masano wrote:All this is just over complicating things and why? Because one robber is getting annoyed with people running away? Tough luck, this has never been a red friendly server and I dont see why that should change, especially when the playerbase is so low.

Glarundis, the whole 'realism RP' argument is just bullshit and can be argued either way. Even in the context of the UO world... if I was alone in the woods and I saw some guy I didnt know and had never seen before charging towards me with a spear (well known in the land for being the weapon of choice for a robber) would i wait around and see if they were bringing me some cookies or actually think "fuck this i got no idea who this guy is and hes got a spear, im not gonna wait here and see whether he will brutally murder me or not, time to go"

This guy charging towards you with a spear screaming a warcry in a foreign language suddenly stops and asks if he can have your carrots. Doesn't make sense. I up all for the roleplay the first time or even try to roleplay the second time. But after that if the victim just keeps running I wanna attack on sight. Just plain stupid to try RP with those people when they clearly do -NOT- wanna RP.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Aerius

Post by Aerius »

I think it pretty much goes without saying... that if a person runs, he has entered the role of Mouse regardless of verbal RP, and the cat must give chase. If a person continuously runs I think you should be the bigger RPer and continue to approach with a "Halt!" giving the benefit of the doubt that the person might decide to RP back.

Cross YOUR T's and dot YOUR I's... if HE doesn't... then HE dies! :twisted:
~639-910-660~
Masano

Post by Masano »

Well I think we can argue about the 'proper RP' for the situation until we are blue in the face. For me it simply comes down to the victim should always have the advantage in being able to run away, all you need to be able to do is get an SS with "Halt" whilst hes running and your free to attack anyway. I did spend alot of time robbing with various guilds and the fact that some people always ran on sight just made it more satisfying when we eventually did get them.
Luciano

Post by Luciano »

Robbing is bad, m'kay?
Don't hate the player if you can't play the game.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Luciano wrote:Robbing is bad, m'kay?
Haha, robbing in a game is like rape IRL just.. don't!.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Quintoz wrote:
Luciano wrote:Robbing is bad, m'kay?
Haha, robbing in a game is like rape IRL just.. don't!.
I do hate when them little girls run away. So the second time I just club them down.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2