New Players + Welcoming Environment

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Vaux27

Re: New Players + Welcoming Environment

Post by Vaux27 »

If you're new to the shard or just returned, come to Moonglow and Occlo if you want safe training. Others and I will help with gold to sail or moon gate back to Britain if need be...

How far is that pigeon system down the list? Is it a no go?
Last edited by Vaux27 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
632-140-419
Milkbags

Post by Milkbags »

The only thing I could say is in no way could a SS prove that he was already running before halt was yelled, or not. It does show however, the lack of following the rules.
Lily Shiar

Post by Lily Shiar »

Vaux27 wrote:If you're new to the shard or just returned, come to Moonglow and Occlo if you want safe training. Others and I will help with gold to sail or moon gate back to Britain if need be...

How far is that pigeon system down the list? Is it a no go?
+1

This kind of ways we need.
I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I must be perfect!
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

The rules say that a person needs only submit a picture of the kill and the killer has to submit pictures as well or it's automatically not a legal kill, from the pictures two assumptions can be made

1) the halt was stated before the person moved and he moved after which makes it legal
2) the halt was stated he stopped and was killed

but the burden, according to the rules, is on the killer to prove it was legal
Lily Shiar

Post by Lily Shiar »

Kat said it. This made it more clear. Thank you
I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I must be perfect!
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

I will not take part in the debate about legal kills. That is why we have GM's and I trust they will make the proper decisions. What I am worried about is the base class killings. The current PvP-rules allow base class character killing but not robbing. I think this is problematic for the growth of the shard. Taking into consideration the steep learning curve of the game and the shard. This rule makes the curve even steeper. On the other hand I think base class shouldn't be god mode towards other players. You could say anything you want and the other party cannot resort to violence, the only thing that shuts up people on this shard.

At first the Kingdom of Telborea RP was rather annoying, but I came back to the shard while the RP had already begun. Now that there are many posts about it I've noticed it to be pretty damn good. Be it original or not (not saying it isn't original, haven't researched it at length). But the bottom line is that Telborea is acting within the rules of the shard. The individual encounters may be open for debate but it is nonetheless legal. I myself have been pwn'd by Theok and some other dude thrice on the same day while I was in baseclass. But I was kinda pushing it since they told me to leave and I stubbornly went back :D I think the staff wants us to resolve our own difficulties. Telborea is pwning noobs, hence we have to rise up against the aggressor if we see their ways unjust. We saw this with Ferrum Crucis. OoL is the police of the shard, join Law, ally with Law, whatever it takes. We do not need rule changes if the playerbase makes Telborea see the error of their ways.

The forum behavior is what it is. I wish both parties would take a step back. If someone has been killed by some dude and all his itamz have decayed, it's probably not the best time to post jailed seals :D But gaming is supposed to be fun, we shouldn't take everything so seriously. It's just a Game, with a capitol G.

PS. I do have a question though, are the men and women of Law allowed to have robbers/reds on the shard atm? Are members of Telborea affiliated with Law at all?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's quite funny getting all this heat from from a pack of players, who haven't been a part of the shard for a long time. I would recommend exploring the history after Repsak's time. Sure those were great times, even I enjoyed the game the most back in those golden days, but a lot has changed afterwards. I can honestly say it's been a downhill from there with both wrong decisions and unlucky-failed shots. In particular the recent history is something worth looking up. There really haven't happened anything at all scripting-wise for many years. We've been online but nothing really has happened and we've simply lived with all the bugs and errors. Now, there's a new sheriff in town, with new sidekicks. Tons of changes and tons of fixes are coming your way.

If the surroundings of Britian are unsafe, it really isn't the robbers fault. That's all I'm trying to say. It's Law's job to keep you safe. Have I seen any actions from the players complaining about Law's inactivity? No. Has Law asked anything from the staff to aid them? No. As long as the roads are unsafe to the fields, do pull a lever and enjoy the fertile fields of Ocllo. Infact Monad made the Island more newbie friendly just yestrurday by killing the dangerous spawns and adding lower-end monsters in the forests. In other words, if Law fails to protect you - give Imperial a chance.

What comes to us treating players differently, that is nonsense. Everytime shit hits the fan on the forum, we do take action. We talk with the player, expain the situation and warn them about incorrect behaviour. If that doesn't help, we take action. Already a player has lost his writing rights, due to useless spam and rage on boards. When such a thing happens, it's not a small thing. It's a long break.

As a final thing and the reason why I'm locking this thread, is beacause even you're provoking people by posting screenshots of illegal kills. Yes, they are illegal kills and yes, they are handled already. Everytime personal stuff/issues are posted on the forum, we lock it. These things are always handled privately. You have a working PM-system and I hope you use it.

Try to enjoy the game.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Yudhishthir wrote:<the whole post>
I know who you are and how long you've played etc, but that doesn't give you rights to accuse the staff of "backing up" some certain guilds or players. As we do not. Also you demand in your post a mature responses, then you should know how to post maturely aswell and not include any assumed accusations of the staff. Thank you.

What comes to the whole situation, as an old player I hope you take a time to think these through:
  • 1) Plague and robbers/murderers have always existed and always been part of the Pangaea. They annoyed the shit out of me when I was newbie too years ago but it's part of the game and I contacted the players in game to deal with them, instead posted on the OOC forums how annoying they are and why isn't anyone doing anything to them
    2) Robbers have never been restricted so much in the history of Pangaea (they can loot only weapon/armor/jewels)
    3) Robbers are allowed to play here too within the shard rules
    4) Robbers have been marked/jailed several times of doing illegal robbery even though you probably don't know about it
    5) Forum jailings are even currently on the place for those spamming the shit here, even though you probably don't know about it
    6) We don't favor anyone
    7) We punish anyone who breaks the rules on forums or in game, robber or not

I understand the situation might be annoying for you and you are wondering why isn't anything being done. But I believe theres two main reasons for that:
    • 1) Players tend to think always subjectively -especially when they have been victims of robbers/murderers- that's natural of course because of what you've experienced. But we as a staff have to look at the big picture and think the situation in objective view, from everyone's view, from the general view of the whole shard. Of course we make sometimes mistakes too but we have only one objection and that is to make a better shard for everyone. We simply can't listen to one player who accuse someone of something and obey right away. As an ex-staffmember and admin of another shard I believe you know that aswell.

2) From the two posts what you have written to the general discussion thread, I haven't found any clear suggestions from you how to fix the situation. So I ask you to instead bashing and accusing people of making plague/robbing/being a lousy GM etc, make a clear list on your suggestions how to fix what you think is broken, and I promise we'll look into it. So start a new topic to Ideas for Pangaea, suggest things in mature manner instead hate-and-accuse-post and it will blossom alot more that's for sure.
Peace out, Monad.