Macrocheck complaint

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Kerbal

Re: Macrocheck complaint

Post by Kerbal »

Waiting for UO to be released on Android. Solves even Masano's deuce problem.
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

TeamViewer for Android.

There, problem solved.
jalabar

Post by jalabar »

Just MHO. First, I am fine with the macro check at 5 minutes, though I voted for 10. I prefer 10, but I can live with 5. I never, ever am afk when macroing. I might suggest, though, that after a while it feels disrespectfuil after you have answered the first 25 times within seconds, to keep getting it. Feels accusatory. I'd say after 25 correct checks or so, stop bugging that player. He's there.

Also, make sure someone is actually macroing and not just afk. I hadda go bathroom, so waited until my 10 attempts completed, then went, leaving my character sitting doing nothing. Luckily, it wasn't a blood-vessel-bursting bathroom trip, so I was back within a minute or two to find the macro-check on my screen.

Also, I love to RP, and have for 35 years. But, in every RP game I have ever played, I tend to concentrate first on character development mech-wise, then once I have the character where I want it, I RP. Not for nothing, but allowing unattended macroing in my case would result in much more RP, not less. Not talking about chopping wood or making things, but stuff like armslore. Just my $0.02.
Character - Damelion Cormier: bowyer, woodsman, and citizen of Skara Brae.
jalabar

Post by jalabar »

The best RP server I ever played on had a custom script where you could buy training all the way to GM in those skills, but the gain was slow and gradual, occuring whenever you were in game. It was also quite expensive and got more so the higher you bought training. You could supplement the gain with use of the skill, but even if you didn't use it, you would eventually still gain that skill to max. Thusly, it still took quite some time to raise the skill, but one could RP the whole time. We considered it like taking classes.
Character - Damelion Cormier: bowyer, woodsman, and citizen of Skara Brae.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

jalabar wrote:The best RP server I ever played on had a custom script where you could buy training all the way to GM in those skills, but the gain was slow and gradual, occuring whenever you were in game. It was also quite expensive and got more so the higher you bought training. You could supplement the gain with use of the skill, but even if you didn't use it, you would eventually still gain that skill to max. Thusly, it still took quite some time to raise the skill, but one could RP the whole time. We considered it like taking classes.
At least an option.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Buying skills? Seriously? Not on Pangaea.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Boris wrote:Buying skills? Seriously? Not on Pangaea.

- Boris
+1
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Kent Strider wrote:
Boris wrote:Buying skills? Seriously? Not on Pangaea.

- Boris
+1
1mill for each ring of skill gain sounds fair?
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Money might buy you everything in real life, but not on Pangaea.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Monad wrote:Money might buy you everything in real life, but not on Pangaea.
In reallife i wish that i could buy ring of skillgain in Pangaea for 1mill UO moneys. 8-)