-Blessed items only be used by members of the religion...

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Darian Darkmind

Re: -Blessed items only be used by members of the religion..

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Boris wrote:What we have now and the secondary option I mentioned, well... no real difference there. Either you do religion damage and recieve it - or don't do and don't recieve. It's a +/- thing.

- Boris
The difference is that the weapon bless do more damage anyway. It makes extra damage to opposing religions, but also - even if not that much - bonus damage to people not in religion.

If two non-religious characters A and B fight. The A has a blessed maul, the B doesn't. The blessed maul will hit a lot stronger leading to A's victory.

Therefore Boris' idea is a lot better and if this thing really need fixing, it should be done the way Boris suggested.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Rather fix all religion damage vs. non-religion.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Wille
Developer

Post by Wille »

If a change of plans will come about, put it in the todo. I won't look for any resolution in here.
Hear it not my lord, for it is a knell. That summons thee to heaven, or to hell.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I'll say go for the second option, that way priests can still support other classes during hunts.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Palma

Post by Palma »

I was about to re-create Armageddon Glory and got sad with these news, but after reading this a little bit I can't see why this is a bad thing.

Back in the days Armageddon Glory was in war with Imperials, and actually Repsak kept boosting Imperials, paralyze to last longer against non religions, that entangle thing or whatever it was, etc.

AG did not have religion blesses and we all know the result. When AG began walking along side law and having our weapons blessed by Iva, the damage was insane. And from what I hear, now every barbarian is heighten with druid bless and cloths that can't be looted. Why should a priest who is supposedly protected by his god, be taking damage from a 120sms barbarian with 200+ strength, 120 tactics and 60 piety bless, same barbarian who takes no religion damage from the priest bless?
Imo it makes no sense balance wise. Every class has to be balanced on their own, as well as balanced teamwork wise.

So imo in this example we can compare the priest weapon bless + 105 max str, to the baba tactics + 170(?) baba str. The armor shield compares to the 100 Parry too.
It's not a perfect balance, but having a baba with priest bless is worst.

I think some can excuse then that priest still has rituals and barbarian doesn't, but priest can also heal and do beneficial things towards the non religion members, it's not only damage rituals.

So resuming, thumbs up for this! Good thinking
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Then again, this completely nullifies the old phrase "Use a blessed knight or barbarian" when everyone whined priests to be OP. At least if the player isn't part of the religion.

I understand why the staff thinks this is necessary. You get the benefits with zero disadvantages, which is "unfair". But imo this coin has two sides which both wasn't thought through. I think it should remain the same it was, because religions and especially priests have always been otherwise a lot stronger than any other character. This is the one thing, a blessed barbarian, that can compeltely destroy even the strongest priest. Now that is taken away.

Non-religion players and what not are exited about this, but know what? This is a boost to priests which, as a priest, is always welcome, but it seems like none of you seem to get it :D
Xippy

Post by Xippy »

Why should none religion guys, were religion blessed items? If you want weapon blessed join religion its easy. Gods give their blessing only to true followers. Not to any random guy...
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Xippy wrote:Why should none religion guys, were religion blessed items? If you want weapon blessed join religion its easy. Gods give their blessing only to true followers. Not to any random guy...
perhaps no medit / piety member cant comprehend with the power that the god gives to him etc has no priest traits even though he is true follower

But i agree with darian BUT this thing was also boost for knights and rangers, no more blessed elite ohii composite bows on hunts used by archers... also making priest not so support class. And since priest aint so special supporter anymore it will be more isolated from fighters and fighter guilds.

Now they just need to boost a bit non-religion classes imo. (not much though)
Aerius

Post by Aerius »

Priest is still a support class, if you join Religion with non-Med/Piety class... who are you going to have Bless your equipment? A Priest.

I like this idea, forces more non Med/Piety classes to decide if they want such boosts to pick up the RP and join a Religion. I personally would like to see more Class variations in religions and I think this is just the kind of push we need into that direction. If its a worry about Religion Damage, perhaps just reduce it a bit?
~639-910-660~
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Aerius wrote:Priest is still a support class, if you join Religion with non-Med/Piety class... who are you going to have Bless your equipment? A Priest.

I like this idea, forces more non Med/Piety classes to decide if they want such boosts to pick up the RP and join a Religion. I personally would like to see more Class variations in religions and I think this is just the kind of push we need into that direction. If its a worry about Religion Damage, perhaps just reduce it a bit?

You can always rp your guild to be followers of winchester etc etc and ally law... no need to exactly be in law... now the advantages they gain by being friends of law has been erased...