Macrocheck complaint

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ivan

Re: Macrocheck complaint

Post by Ivan »

think of it as new way to get money out of system or something like that

but idc realy i can handle training my chars without buying skills 8-)
Mike

Post by Mike »

jalabar wrote:Just MHO. First, I am fine with the macro check at 5 minutes, though I voted for 10. I prefer 10, but I can live with 5. I never, ever am afk when macroing. I might suggest, though, that after a while it feels disrespectfuil after you have answered the first 25 times within seconds, to keep getting it. Feels accusatory. I'd say after 25 correct checks or so, stop bugging that player. He's there.

Also, make sure someone is actually macroing and not just afk. I hadda go bathroom, so waited until my 10 attempts completed, then went, leaving my character sitting doing nothing. Luckily, it wasn't a blood-vessel-bursting bathroom trip, so I was back within a minute or two to find the macro-check on my screen.

Also, I love to RP, and have for 35 years. But, in every RP game I have ever played, I tend to concentrate first on character development mech-wise, then once I have the character where I want it, I RP. Not for nothing, but allowing unattended macroing in my case would result in much more RP, not less. Not talking about chopping wood or making things, but stuff like armslore. Just my $0.02.
I recommend that you log out entirely if you're going to do anything that keeps you from running back to your computer. Macro checks can appear after you have used a skill, as you noticed.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
jalabar

Post by jalabar »

Ah, but I do not believe being afk is illegal on this shard, correct? So, had I been nabbed by the macrocheck, I would have been penalized for doing nothing wrong. How is that right?

And, that is fine with me. If you prefer players to macro rather than RP. I gave you a suggestion that would allow players to RP rather than macro for this server you so adamantly insist is an RP server. So how is a gradual increase that was dearly paid for in gold worse than a gradual increase occuring because I spend 100 hours in some corner of the map using armslore on my7 staff 10000 times?

Put RP first on Pangaea? Not on your life.
Character - Damelion Cormier: bowyer, woodsman, and citizen of Skara Brae.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

jalabar wrote:Ah, but I do not believe being afk is illegal on this shard, correct? So, had I been nabbed by the macrocheck, I would have been penalized for doing nothing wrong. How is that right?
When you have used a skill you can still be macrochecked 5min or 15min after.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I'm not saying paying for skills is a bad idea, it's just not for Pangaea. Macroing is what it is, it's slow and painful. Hopefully there's a small reward at the end. What comes generally to macroing, I never was a fan of heighten class. Just train the needed skills and that's it. The rest you enjoy the way you wish. May it be PvP, PvM or RP in general.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
jalabar

Post by jalabar »

If anyone needs me, don't bother... I'm busy finding out repeatedly that my staff is virtually new, in perfect condition, and I can't quite tell who the crafter was.

I'm fairly certain I bought skills on Pangaea. I kinew no macefighting, but a few gold to the right vendor later, I knew 20%.
Character - Damelion Cormier: bowyer, woodsman, and citizen of Skara Brae.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

jalabar wrote:I'm fairly certain I bought skills on Pangaea. I kinew no macefighting, but a few gold to the right vendor later, I knew 20%.
Vendors train up to 20%, but that's all.
If anyone needs me, don't bother... I'm busy finding out repeatedly that my staff is virtually new, in perfect condition, and I can't quite tell who the crafter was.
You can macro and RP (especially) skills like Arms Lore and Item ID. The 1st bank of Britian was a popular place for macroing back in the days and hopefully it'll be popular once again.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Aerius

Post by Aerius »

Boris wrote:Buying skills? Seriously? Not on Pangaea.

- Boris
Where this is a good method for having a relatively constant flow of income to keep the server up to date with hardware and a decent size bandwidth from better ISP's. I can say from experience this form of "Cash-Reward" system will ultimately destroy any balanced RP shard. Mainly because a new player can quickly surpass those who have been on the shard for years and naturally frustrate those who have earned their place on the shard.
Monad wrote:Money might buy you everything in real life, but not on Pangaea.
This may be on/off the current subject, but "Cash-Reward" systems are not bad in themselves, just the reward part. Ive been witness to one successful method, and that was with simple in-game nostalgia trinkets that didn't effect economy or RP... such as a Unique Named/Dyed Robe (Like the Honesty one for example), House Decorations, or a horse of a different color (to quote Oz), just to display a thanks to those who have contributed and at the same time not ruin the game.

As for skill/stat rewards? NO!
~639-910-660~
Mike

Post by Mike »

jalabar wrote:If anyone needs me, don't bother... I'm busy finding out repeatedly that my staff is virtually new, in perfect condition, and I can't quite tell who the crafter was.

I'm fairly certain I bought skills on Pangaea. I kinew no macefighting, but a few gold to the right vendor later, I knew 20%.
I don't think being passive-aggressive will help.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote:I'm not saying paying for skills is a bad idea, it's just not for Pangaea. Macroing is what it is, it's slow and painful. Hopefully there's a small reward at the end. What comes generally to macroing, I never was a fan of heighten class. Just train the needed skills and that's it. The rest you enjoy the way you wish. May it be PvP, PvM or RP in general.

- Boris
This point has been brow beat into our player community from day one. The counter-argument to this is we end up having more orgy-training-fests / macro-heavy players than people actually role playing IG. You either have one heavily supported or the other, the current system supports requiring people to spend more time macroing then doing anything else. A main reason some people hesitate to come back to Pangaea is they recognize and disagree wholly with the system because it encourages macroing to allow for RP instead of simply RP'ing.