Looking for a new GM (American GMT)

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Looking for a new GM (American GMT)

Post by Boris »

We're recruiting a new GM (US GMT).

The amount of players over seas has increased remarkably within the past 6 months. We need a GM from American GMT. It's as simple as that. I'm accepting applications via PM. The position will be filled only if we find the right guy/girl/animal for the job. What makes this position hard to fill is the fact that you'd be GM'ing alone and that requires a massive amount of trust. We're not looking for Dom-like fuckups, so do think before sending that PM.

Your job would consists of hosting quests, answering and handling pages, observing players (this takes 90% of your time), building stuff, updating dungeons and changing the world you know as Pangaea 1 / 1½. Do remember that GM'ing is a job and working (just like in real life) isn't that fun. Most of the time you will be bored. Watching people macro for 2-3 hours straight is as fun as watching paint dry from the wall or defrosting the refrigerator. You will not hear any thank you's and the amount of whine will increase every month. If this still sounds appealing, fill up the following info:
  • Account name(s):
    Character name(s):

How long have you played UO?
    How long have you played on Pangaea?
    What other shards have you played on?

Any counselor experience?
    Any GM experience
    Any scripting abilities?

How old are you?
    What's your GMT?
    How active are you?

Why should we choose you as a GM?
Thanks,
Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Boris
Admin

Re: Looking for a new GM (American GMT)

Post by Boris »

We're still looking for an American GMT GM. We'll recruit when the right person is found, so there's no deadline.

For more information, you can PM me or send ICQ (635886662).

- Boris
Mag'etherian

Post by Mag'etherian »

*PM'ing*
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

Just to say:
Watching paint dry > watching others macro > Twilight
so it's not all bad.
Kira

Post by Kira »

Boris wrote:You will not hear any thank you's and the amount of whine will increase every month.
NOT entirely true! usually i will say thanks if possible to .reply you sometimes it isnt so you own fault, and i never whine do i?

And another thing the GM's should do more often is to talk through lamp post for an example or another object! maybe an orc or anything just to make it more amusing to macro or train your fighting skill would be nice, also makes a little fun for the job to i think?
Birds Nest: 364-322-303
-The Shani Family-
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

You will get most of your online-time-whining through the counselor chat.

I'll make sure of that. :arrow:
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Shani wrote:
Boris wrote: And another thing the GM's should do more often is to talk through lamp post for an example or another object! maybe an orc or anything just to make it more amusing to macro or train your fighting skill would be nice, also makes a little fun for the job to i think?
I created a parrot yesterday to center of Britain and was just about to start do some emotions and words with it, it took about 20 seconds of the spawning and some hero already killed it for the feathers. I gave up. ;)
But yeah good points you have.
queq

Post by queq »

Monad wrote:
Shani wrote:
Boris wrote: And another thing the GM's should do more often is to talk through lamp post for an example or another object! maybe an orc or anything just to make it more amusing to macro or train your fighting skill would be nice, also makes a little fun for the job to i think?
I created a parrot yesterday to center of Britain and was just about to start do some emotions and words with it, it took about 20 seconds of the spawning and some hero already killed it for the feathers. I gave up. ;)
But yeah good points you have.

:lol:
638-374-255
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

As a small reminder, there's still space in "American GMT" section. The current playerbase is pretty 50/50 what comes to region - and if proper candidates come across, we keep our doors open.

- Boris