THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Re: THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

Post by Boris »

Johnny Walac wrote:Q: Have you come so far in the development so you can say for sure that we will use 3.xxx or is it still in the testing stage?
It's a long project. Can't answer for details, perhaps Wille's the right man to answer.
Tyrion wrote:The whine is constant regardless of the issue and most of those reasons you have stated are manageable with 3d vs 3d (regardless of location), and that is actually a fact.
In theory, if we everyone played with 3D, it would still be a problem. It's simply too fast and it defies the shard mechanics. 2D is the only working option and 3.xxx the only solution. Everything listed is my global overview from the game - not a player perspective.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Orin

Post by Orin »

Boris you have said that 3d will not be banned until a 3.xx client solution is reached and yet repeatedly you have also said 3d WILL eventually be banned. does that include even if there is no 3.xx solution?

as it stands it is impossible for alot of us that require 3d to play to hunt or do much of any thing on 2d. on my best day i can run 10 steps before i freeze for several seconds on 2d. so that option is closed to me and many others like me.

and if you notice most if not all of the people that are so excited about the 3d ban are the robbers and reds that have made people decide to play less cause they just get robbed any way.

atleast half the active players on this shard are from places that require 3d to play with any amount of lag free connection what happens to us when the 3.xx client fails?

can you atleast reasure us that we wont be booted out when you guys finilly decide that your tired of 3d and just ban it when you find out no other options are avalable?

its hard to admit it but when you say 3d will be banned do you relieze how many people actually asked them selves " well what will i do with my self that week cause pangaea isnt playable"?

not complainning or atleast not intending too, all i want is a little confidence that the hundreds of hours some of us dedicate to this shard arent going to be left out in the cold. cause as much effert as the staff put into this game the players are the other half of the equation and we put just as much effert into it as any one on staff, our efferts are just more selfish and player oriented.

thanks
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Orin wrote:Boris you have said that 3d will not be banned until a 3.xx client solution is reached and yet repeatedly you have also said 3d WILL eventually be banned. does that include even if there is no 3.xx solution?
If 3.xxx is not the solution, then we're out of options. As I stated earlier, a dedicated server isn't possible and there's no upgrade availible to the current connection. In my perspective (do notice - I'm talking on behalf of myself, not the staff) 3D still has to go. Of course if another solution is once again figured out, it changes the situation. Ideas section is always open.
Orin wrote:and if you notice most if not all of the people that are so excited about the 3d ban are the robbers and reds that have made people decide to play less cause they just get robbed any way.
Actually robbing and PvP becomes more fair when 3D-factor is out. If a victim is on 2D and the robber is on 3D, the victim has no chance to outrun the robber. Same thing applies of course to any form of PvP, may it be religious or non-religous fighting. It's a neutral gain for both sides from a global perspective.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Good stuff all around.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

If the client fixes are not possible, what kind of ideas are you awaiting?
- Restrictions vs abilities?
Masano

Post by Masano »

Radical idea:
Would it be possible to 'clone' the current shard...characters, items, weapons, houses ect? That way we could have a split of the playerbase. When you connect to pang it would give two options; Pang 2D or Pang 3D. Pang 2D would be exclusively 2D client and would be the main focus of new updates and development. Pang 3D would be exactly like pang is now, with both 2D and 3D client enabled but would only recieve minimal maintenance to keep it running. This way the PvP guys can carry on playing in the new 2D PvP Utopia and those that didnt really care about 3D could carry on playing with the Americans having no lag! :>
Ares

Post by Ares »

Masano wrote:Radical idea:
Would it be possible to 'clone' the current shard...characters, items, weapons, houses ect? That way we could have a split of the playerbase. When you connect to pang it would give two options; Pang 2D or Pang 3D. Pang 2D would be exclusively 2D client and would be the main focus of new updates and development. Pang 3D would be exactly like pang is now, with both 2D and 3D client enabled but would only recieve minimal maintenance to keep it running. This way the PvP guys can carry on playing in the new 2D PvP Utopia and those that didnt really care about 3D could carry on playing with the Americans having no lag! :>
Not plausible in any regard. A carrot instead of a stick could be a way to change things but would probably be way too hard to balance in my opinion.
Masano

Post by Masano »

This playerbase hates each other anyway, why not split it up. Hypothetically...why not let the Americans and non 3D-haters have their own server of the shard they have played for 8 years IF thats what they wanted and were willing to pay for it?
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

Tyrion wrote:
Boris wrote: 3D is the only reason we restrict looting.
3D unbalances the game.
3D ruins PvP.
3D ruins robbing.
3D creates more whine than anything else.
So much for a 2d -only- week. I find it striking that all of those pseudo-facts tend to be geared towards fixing a server primarily geared towards PVP vs. RP. When you see only Law login to solitude enemies attacking Britain and Imperial the same, you are going to have whine that solitude is overpowered and should be removed. The whine is constant regardless of the issue and most of those reasons you have stated are manageable with 3d vs 3d (regardless of location), and that is actually a fact.
3d has it's problems aswell. It's pretty much unplayable on my computer even with all the tweaks.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Masano wrote:This playerbase hates each other anyway, why not split it up. Hypothetically...why not let the Americans and non 3D-haters have their own server of the shard they have played for 8 years IF thats what they wanted and were willing to pay for it?
Way too much work, with very little gain. How long will it be fun to play on a shard that isn't developed and has 10 players max anyway?
It would be a pretty hefty monthly subscription. It's not a good idea dude. If you just want to PvP each other on the 3D client there are other shards for that. Come back when you get tired of it.
This is the lesser of 2 evils.. Most of the shard complaining vs the Americans complaining. Hopefully we can accomodate the Americans with the 3.x client some day soon to compensate.