Swearwords and slang IG

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Jyrgen

Re: Swearwords and slang IG

Post by Jyrgen »

Ares wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:
Ares wrote:Because Pangaea isn't 2012 and because we have to maintain a non-hostile environment for us all. I don't understand why you're complaining about this?
Not complaining, just can't see the problem in _some_ words.
Which, and why?
For example, the "shit" word, considering it doesn't seem all too offensive to me and seems kind of like common usage nowadays, but I guess people in 13th century wouldn't have said it, true that. But do we really know how the people back then spoke even?

EDIT: I agree that "shit" is kind of slangish, but do we really want to force everyone to talk the old English here?
Last edited by Jyrgen on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

can i say "what the hell" or "dammit" like when i'm surprised IG by a monster or something when we are hunting?
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Glarundis wrote:can i say "what the hell" or "dammit" like when i'm surprised IG by a monster or something when we are hunting?
You will find it out after 3rd mark(jail).
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

I approve of this.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Ares wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:
Ares wrote:Because Pangaea isn't 2012 and because we have to maintain a non-hostile environment for us all. I don't understand why you're complaining about this?
Not complaining, just can't see the problem in _some_ words.
Which, and why?
Some words add RP value to the characterization of specific IG personalities. I expect Johnny to drop some f-bombs and related Medieval terminology because it fits his RP. Robbers and the like I believe are capable of getting away with the use so long as the use is appropriate. Trash talking IG is part of the game imo, but there should be a level of maturity that goes on with it's use.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Tyrion wrote: Some words add RP value to the characterization of specific IG personalities. I expect Johnny to drop some f-bombs and related Medieval terminology because it fits his RP.
You know it.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mike

Post by Mike »

To be honest I agree with the OP. I like the word they use curse words in Rome for example, but we won't ever see it done well here.

Slang is just out.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Evander

Post by Evander »

Shit didnt exist in medieval? Pussy was just "a hole"? :roll:

Cant say for sure, but i think atleast shit shouldnt be banned word. In my eyes it aint so slangish.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Tbh, i dont have any education from history which means i no engineer in that field. But in them old ass movies ive seen men saying "you whore, you cunt" and such stuff. But them "yo" and stuff are invalid indeed. This topic is just big KO to Ares :D
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

The main issue I see with these words is that people dont use them the way they would have been used which thus hurts roleplay. Maturity levels cause issues and getting mad and laziness thus it should just be taken away to try to improve the roleplay community. Want to say all these lovely cuss words go to an no rp pk shard and have your fill of random fuck,shit,damn,bitch,etc....