Veritas, hang in there!

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Kerbal

Veritas, hang in there!

Post by Kerbal »

After doing a bit of the siege in Trinsic and the defense in Occlo current pvp for a knight is very boring. So this is veritas from a knight's perspective and I wish other religion knights would give their views as well to get a overall feel. This is not a whine about the class sucking balls. I think the boosts that have been made are awesome and actually make knights AT LEAST a nuisance rather than "Oh look, it's Kerbal." *20 dmg*. The point is to find a real use for knights in bigger fights.

So at the moment big religion battles are veritas/malleus(keening) balls. You have two balls which move up and down the battlefield. These balls consist of priests and monks. The problem arises for knights. Their main event, melee, is practically rendered useless. You simply cannot get close enough to hit and have enough hit points for the return trip. So knights are left behind the ball and they have to wait for some brave soul to break the ball.

One possibility would be to limit the angle of veritas to 180 degrees. This would give knights (and everyone else) the possibility to attack from the flank.
The second one I had in mind which is harder to balance, would be to give knights and rangers some kind of ability to shrug off some of the veritas damage, a down side could be that they would lose the healing effect of veritas all together.

I am more inclined to the first suggestion because that would bring more variety to pvp and this would of course be the same for every religion and a slight nerf to priests.

Now I left rangers out because they have bows and can pewpew from the ball. But all this can be said for rangers as well. So if rangers are having the same feels about it why not open a discussion about that also. And remember these are suggestions and only suggestions. They are open for improvements or total destruction but keep it clean.
Zaradon

Re: Veritas, hang in there!

Post by Zaradon »

Ranger are told to do great damage with 40 piety and bows.

My suggestion would be;
Lower Veritas requirement to Knight/Ranger.
make knights immune to squelch effect.
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

Zaradon wrote:Ranger are told to do great damage with 40 piety and bows.

My suggestion would be;
Lower Veritas requirement to Knight/Ranger.
make knights immune to squelch effect.
In my opinion we do not need veritas for more classes, we need to tone it down for the ones that have it.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Adding more Veritas to the system doesn't balance it - vice versa.

If you want the game to be more about physical damage, simply boost Veritas/Keening/Malleus in mana consumption or double the chants.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Kerbal wrote: current pvp for a knight is very boring.
Word.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Boris wrote:Adding more Veritas to the system doesn't balance it - vice versa.

If you want the game to be more about physical damage, simply boost Veritas/Keening/Malleus in mana consumption or double the chants.

- Boris
+1 from me. Make the combat more physical AND magical. Priests and monks spamming veritas, keening and malleus is not the way pvp should be imo. Though making those damage rites weaker would be quite a lot away from monks so they should probably get something else, but that's for another thread..
I whine, therefore I am
Masano

Post by Masano »

Reduce malleus/keen/veritas damage by 50% in pvp. Its a huge nerf but needs to be done. Also fucking fix sacrifice/kill its total bullshit atm. It takes 0 skill (proven by athan cos hes an irish gypsy and can do it) and totally overpowered. Theres 3 things that people absolutely hate on this shard and they could all be sorted out in 30 minutes of scripting.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

50%'s probably too much as it'd make Veritas 22dmg and Malleus/Keening 30dmg.

Basicly they could be what they are, but if they were 2 chants, they'd require more tactics to use. Also the LOS check on Veritas could be fixed to match Malleus/Keening.

Otherwise I don't really see anything wrong with Sacrifice nor Kill.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Nerfing malleus and veritas but leaving sacrifice/kill as it is would be kind of laughable imo.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Boris wrote:Also the LOS check on Veritas could be fixed to match Malleus/Keening.
That'd make the veritas spam even more gay as your options would be limited to either running away that 1 veritas that's being cast for 6 seconds, or take down everyone who's casting veritas before it's finished, failing to take down atleast half of them would mean that you're dead.
I whine, therefore I am