Veritas, hang in there!

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Kerbal

Re: Veritas, hang in there!

Post by Kerbal »

Boris wrote:From what I understand from Kerbal's original post, this is about survivability - not really what PvP is or should be.

In case of Knights, even a damage reduce of -40% makes a difference. In case of max. STR + jewerly + bless, they should have their STR around 180(+). So if 4x Veritas was enough before, it'll take 7x in the future. This gives Knights more space and time to hit even once before falling back.

- Boris
This is what I pretty much had in mind. And I think it will start breaking those balls up since there are chars who can penetrate that wall of veritas.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Boris wrote:From what I understand from Kerbal's original post, this is about survivability - not really what PvP is or should be.

In case of Knights, even a damage reduce of -40% makes a difference. In case of max. STR + jewerly + bless, they should have their STR around 180(+). So if 4x Veritas was enough before, it'll take 7x in the future. This gives Knights more space and time to hit even once before falling back.

- Boris
180 with 40p fortuno or hpbless only, approx 175ish other than that. Which yeh, imo is decent.

An yeh every little helps, as currently due to veritas and malleus/kneeing pvp for a knight/ranger is boring as hell. Get it implemented :)
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Some stuff that should be discussed before advacing.
  • 1) Knights in Tekstone and Law
    - Knights in Nature and Imperial do not have a direct attack rite, while Knights in Tekstone and Law do. Should we boost the casting requirements of Malleus and Keening, so all Knights are in the same position?

2) Rangers
    - It's understanable for Knights to recieve this gain as they're limited to physical attacking, but Rangers can keep a range and shoot with arrows a screen away. Should they still recieve the same gain?

3) Monks
    - Should Monks recieve a small gain as well? They have less HP than Knights and Rangers, and are very vulnerable to rites - but on the other hand, they're also considered as the source to rite spamming, just like Priests.
- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Boris wrote: 1) Knights in Tekstone and Law
- Knights in Nature and Imperial do not have a direct attack rite, while Knights in Tekstone and Law do. Should we boost the casting requirements of Malleus and Keening, so all Knights are in the same position?
Lol, imagine the whine from teks if you nerf their best rite.. oh wait
I whine, therefore I am
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

1.) Not sure what mana cost for malleus/keening but if anything, I think the cost should be raised slightly to discourage excessive use by knights.

2.) Rangers can't really use bows in PvP, or at least I haven't heard of a single person doing this effectively.

3.) Screw monks and their dirty walls.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Talerco Pious wrote:Lol, imagine the whine from teks if you nerf their best rite.. oh wait
It doesn't nerf the rite, it simply blocks the use from Knights and Rangers - so they're in the same position with Knights of Imperial and Nature, who can't Veritas either.
xHarlequinx wrote:1.) Not sure what mana cost for malleus/keening but if anything, I think the cost should be raised slightly to discourage excessive use by knights.
Add more mana cost and it affects every class. That's a no go.

- Boris
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Boris wrote:Knights in Tekstone and Law
I don't really mind one way or another, I just find it amusing that you're using this kind of logic while there is one religion missing veritas. I mean it's the right way of thinking while trying to aim for universal balance... I just wish you extended it to all unbalanced and unfair matters.
Masano

Post by Masano »

I dont think that malleus is effective enough for Knight/Ranger for it to require nerfing. With 65 med and 30 piety you still do fail quite alot and the damage is nothing like that of a priest, plus there is less mana availiable.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

30-40p damage of malleus/kneeing is decent enough imo, the success rate isn't reliable enough though
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I'm just bringing the issues up beforehand. We discuss these things now and not 2 months later combined with whine.

I don't personally see Malleus/Keening a problem with Knights/Rangers. As mentioned above, it's not as effective with Knights/Rangers as with Monks/Priests. Mainly due to failrate.

- Boris