Updates 19.11.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Re: Updates 19.11.

Post by Boris »

There's no change in the actual rites. Both have been based on piety, not meditation.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i think before the changes boris clearly said knights/rangers would consume less mana because their boost wouldn't be as good or last as long (atleast the latter i remember having read) but now it seems they consume less mana, but the duration is EXACTLY the same with 65 med and 115 med, and the damage is the same?come on!!!!

rites were nerfed.
knights/rangers got resistance to rites.
knights/rangers waste less mana to bless, however they get the same power and duration in blesses.

are you trying to make knights/rangers priests with rite resistance but same blesses?...
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Priests still have 100 healing, 100 resistance and more mana to use the tome in other ways than just blessing.

Knight might be better in melee damage, but priest is better in every other way.

It's good that priests finally have to take knights seriously.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

It's cool ya all worry about balancing priests vs knights, but where the hell are ya leaving monks!? We already get pretty instakilled by knights etc.
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

Jyrgen wrote:It's cool ya all worry about balancing priests vs knights, but where the hell are ya leaving monks!? We already get pretty instakilled by knights etc.
:D Got a good point!
dwight

Post by dwight »

I'm not understanding:

suposing my 100 med 40p priest is blessing an iron chainmail set (4 parts base 10 AR eg)
by blessing (invalesco materia) as a priest ill have to use 100 mana and imagine ill have suposing extra 10 wich makes 20 AR total.

having a knight dressing the same armour (chainset 4 parts 10 AR eg) and he blesses it the same way (invalesco materia) he will use 40 mana and give the same extra 10 AR, wich makes also 20 AR total?
Brax Bender

Post by Brax Bender »

Im pretty sure my Armament when blessing my AR is not as strong as when a priest does it. Also you have to bless 6 parts as a Knight and only 4 as a Priest. So Knight has way less mana plus 6 parts to bless and when we get done it would equal to the same as a Priest blessing 4 parts. It evens out considering its much more of a pain to bless AR as a Knight. In other words no our Armament is not as stong as a Priest when it comes to blessing AR.
Last edited by Brax Bender on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

That's because the AR is still connected to meditation. (So far, atleast?)
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Jyrgen wrote:It's cool ya all worry about balancing priests vs knights, but where the hell are ya leaving monks!? We already get pretty instakilled by knights etc.
You can't expect a character that wears close to worthless items at any given time do miracles, can you? Don't forget this aspect. Good plate sets and chainmail sets are expensive or at least worth a lot more than a leather set of invulnerability.

Monk, or more like Law monk as it is is already the most annoying character there is.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

The DAMAGE calculation is same. The armor from what I see is different at 108 meditation with 30 piety I got plus 7 on my Armor. Compared to 100 med 30 piety I get plus 4.
Last edited by Cruxis Bane on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.