Updates 19.11.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Kerbal

Re: Updates 19.11.

Post by Kerbal »

Cruxis Bane wrote:The DAMAGE calculation is same. The armor from what I see is different at 108 meditation with 30 piety I got plus 7 on my Armor.
This is what I thought, I atleast do armament on my priest more than on my knight.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:It's cool ya all worry about balancing priests vs knights, but where the hell are ya leaving monks!? We already get pretty instakilled by knights etc.
You can't expect a character that wears close to worthless items at any given time do miracles, can you? Don't forget this aspect. Good plate sets and chainmail sets are expensive or at least worth a lot more than a leather set of invulnerability.

Monk, or more like Law monk as it is is already the most annoying character there is.
Good studdeds cost pretty much also. I just stopped wearing them due to getting instakilled by necros all the time.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Monk, or more like Law monk as it is is already the most annoying character there is.
yep
i'm always looking more to where are the law monks than the priests..priests are going to do the main stuff, monks can come up with some combos and shit :S
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Jyrgen wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:It's cool ya all worry about balancing priests vs knights, but where the hell are ya leaving monks!? We already get pretty instakilled by knights etc.
You can't expect a character that wears close to worthless items at any given time do miracles, can you? Don't forget this aspect. Good plate sets and chainmail sets are expensive or at least worth a lot more than a leather set of invulnerability.

Monk, or more like Law monk as it is is already the most annoying character there is.
Good studdeds cost pretty much also. I just stopped wearing them due to getting instakilled by necros all the time.
Also, actually, the problem is that those more expensive studdeds just ain't good enough for there to be a point to wear them for monk.

EDIT: On topic, I just don't see why knights, who are more like melee type of char, should be on par with priests/monks when it comes to rites.
Brax Bender

Post by Brax Bender »

Because Knights were getting constantly owned in melee by Priest. This just balances out the melee which Knights are supposedly suppose to be batter at. Knights are still not on the same rite level as Monks/Priest as a whole..this just balances out the melee as it should be.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Perhaps I haven't been clear enough. We've only adjusted mana consumption of rites. Damage and duration have already applied for a long time. You simply haven't noticed a difference as 40 piety Knights/Rangers are currently breeding. I've always said they're unknown territory to the shard - but now we're recieving clear data and examples on them. A month ago we had one or two examples - now we're closer to ten. You don't realize the power of classes before the numbers increase. If things go overboard, we balance them out.

Jyrgen has a point on Monks and there's a thread on Common Religion forum about it.

Now stop ripping those game pants.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yeah i would love to see 10 warriors hanging around causing havoc (or not)