Salvation updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

Re: Salvation updates

Post by Johnny Walac »

Evander wrote: What if/when imperial owns most towns in mainland? They are "police" of their own towns and can be called with mayday... Red char wipe?
Imperial has not been given the tools for such things. They don't have a awsome aura nor malleus. If they take all the towns from Law's OP tome and Nature they are just better players. They will never be the "police" role the GM's have given Law. Thus they can have red alts.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Evander

Post by Evander »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Evander wrote: What if/when imperial owns most towns in mainland? They are "police" of their own towns and can be called with mayday... Red char wipe?
Imperial has not been given the tools for such things. They don't have a awsome aura nor malleus. If they take all the towns from Law's OP tome and Nature they are just better players. They will never be the "police" role the GM's have given Law. Thus they can have red alts.
Ofcourse they are better players if they defeats lawture, but there was no talk about who is better...

Why mayday can be sent for imperial, if their duty aint to protect their own cities citizen? Why should they leave their cities protection for their enemy ? Doesnt owning a town include somekind of responsility along with it?

I think if you own land, you should protect it and its citizen from any threats, with any tools you own inside city and outer areas of it. Imp cant just ignore reds around their city with "becouse we cant shout malleus like our enemy does to protect their citizen" if they are hostile for them/their people.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

It's not the religions need any other tools than bless, para and mayday to protect their citizens from robbers. Law and Imperials have it all.
I whine, therefore I am
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Evander wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:
Ofcourse they are better players if they defeats lawture, but there was no talk about who is better...

Imp cant just ignore reds around their city with "becouse we cant shout malleus like our enemy does to protect their citizen" if they are hostile for them/their people.
Of course they cannot ignore red around their cities. But you said "Red char wipe?". Meaning the red chars on their own account. Everything Imperial have done and will do is very well roleplayed and not just given to them by the GM's. Everything they do is with their own sucky tome. Order of Law is the only religion that will not be able to have red chars because they have been given certain responsibility by the GM's and the players that join Law accept that. That is also why they have been given the best tome. So just because Imperial is better players and taking your cities it doesn't mean they should have their red alts wiped from their account.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Evander

Post by Evander »

Just poking with it, ofcourse it aint real solution, nor said it seriously. I just cant see relation between our tome and we having red chars. Imperials have same situation as we do, so dont know why shouldnt we be allowed to have red chars. In my point of view my opinion is whatever, but some of us wants to play red character too.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Evander wrote:Just poking with it, ofcourse it aint real solution, nor said it seriously. I just cant see relation between our tome and we having red chars. Imperials have same situation as we do, so dont know why shouldnt we be allowed to have red chars. In my point of view my opinion is whatever, but some of us wants to play red character too.
If you want a red char, then leave Law. Law has the responsibility to fight red chars. That is why you cannot have both. You have been given the tools to handle red chars (Aura, Malleus, Veritas, Salvation, Guards, Solitude). If you want to have a red char but still protect citizens, go Imperial. They don't have the same tome power because they have not been given the responsibility to protect citizens, they do that purely out of player RP.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Issue with law having red chars was when each of you have them and decide to play those chars instead of law chars who will protect the citizens from you?
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

The real reason Laws can't have reds is because it was abused in the past and it will be abused again.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Quintoz wrote:The real reason Laws can't have reds is because it was abused in the past and it will be abused again.
Word. Gabriz and many of the Cabals of the Night had Law alts back in the days. I was first robbed by the Cabals and then went to Britain bank to ask for help (Back when people hung around in Britain bank) and some Laws "tried" to help me, but in fact did nothing to stop the cabals. Then it occured to me the Laws were their alts and I was being screwed over, killed and looted again. Being a complete newbie I of course whined to Repsak and watcha know, a new rule was made.

I'm sure such system is needed, but I'm not sure if it should be as strict as it is now. Maybe some old Laws like Elya should be allowed to apply for a red character should he want to. Although, even if allowed, it can't be a robber due to robbers being more or less about "griefing innocents".

The truth is this Law's restriction to red players is what gave a huge boost to this "player hate" and picking of sides. You were forced to choose to be either good or bad and because you can't be both, you never get to know the other side and therefore won't be their friends. If we ever want this shard to become more friendly and players to respect each other, we must break these boundaries so we can actually "meet" and get to know the players on the other side. I'm sure Elya is a nice guy in reality and I'm sure even Sebulba is a sensible guy if we'd just be able to talk to each other in common grounds.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Darian Darkmind wrote: You were forced to choose to be either good or bad and because you can't be both, you never get to know the other side and therefore won't be their friends.
+googolplex

it would do wonders people, believe me.
and shared uoam helps too
few months ago tek and imp could be burning eachother alive at stakes, now we share map and it's much better