newest updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Athan01

newest updates

Post by Athan01 »

Summoned guards are not dispellable - this will not work imo, will make sieging impossible.

Would I be right in saying that currently if you defigo on a person making guards they will make alot more guards? as it it is one of the rites (unlike armament) that defigo works on.

So for example, 4 law priests/monks .. all defigo each other, theres what 6-7guards x4? that can't be dispelled?

Correct me if i'm wrong on this but thats exactly how I can see it playing out.
Kerbal

Re: newest updates

Post by Kerbal »

I thought defigo doesn't work with guards?
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Never seen more then 6 guards being spawned at a time, so I'm guessing the defigos will only allow a lower piety priest spawn up to 6 guards. Might be wrong however.

But after 1 fight I think 20min cooldown and dispellable guards is better then this.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Biao

Post by Biao »

well defigo seems not to work for it
With or without zarek defigoing on me i get max 2 guards (with luck). Usually i get 1 with or without defigo
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

ok well atleast that is good to know :)

Otherwise I saw problems, elya/zion/seb making 5-6 guards every hour that we have to kill before we can get near the stone. Its hard enough as it is with the current cooldown timer.

we shall have to put it down to trial and error on this one i guess, I can see failure ahead
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

It's not just sieging this will affect, but attacking altars also- only Tek don't get this "boost". There's also the issue that since we tried to have veritas spammage removed, this has merely been replaced by guard spammage.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

summonable, nondispellable guards are too strong imo. or maybe make so no one can make more than 4 guards?even then, it's pretty strong, just for the fact that you can't dispel it
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Edward Sinclair wrote:It's not just sieging this will affect, but attacking altars also- only Tek don't get this "boost". There's also the issue that since we tried to have veritas spammage removed, this has merely been replaced by guard spammage.
Teks get this change as much as Nature gets it. Neither of them can do guards at their own altar, but their allies can.

EDIT: I think defigo doesn't work for guard rite anyhow, so no need to worry about that one. Also, there's a limit of how many guards you can spawn in an area, I think. So we can't really spawn 20 guards at the townstone or anything.

But yes, this change made attacking Imperial altar and Law altar (and Tek's and Nature's also) a lot harder.
Last edited by Jyrgen on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

As mentioned, it's a tryout. Nothing's written in stone.

I don't have problems with guards being kickass, but for me the main consern is making sieging too hard.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Boris wrote:As mentioned, it's a tryout. Nothing's written in stone.

I don't have problems with guards being kickass, but for me the main consern is making sieging too hard.

- Boris
Couldn't agree more, its added a hell of a lot of fun and activity to the shard recently :)