New topic discussion

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ivan

Re: New topic discussion

Post by Ivan »

Even if you didnt get your taxes wiped, lets think of it another way... If you had sold your house you would have lost the same money anyhow, you cannot trade the house if you dont pay the tax... So basicaly, you can do both of those still and lose the same amount of money still.

Eitherway you'd have lost your coins now or some day, instead now you have to be active to be able to afford your houses which will free large houses for active players who need them.

Imo its all positive.
Palma

Post by Palma »

For people like me who have to pay 70k unpaid, and 7k/month, "yea shure"

But for people who have castles and are currently away just refreshing with intent to return some time, it likely means that inside those castles their entire UO time is there. They might not return then. And those are the most dedicated players. This might not even happen, but its a needless risk and one more thing just to annoy.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

If you are so dedicated that you live in a damned castle, you got atleast 1 or 2 boxes full of coin only... you can afford to pay for atleast 2 years the freaking tax. See problem solved? if you are that poor take an hour off your day and empty your shit and sell half or donate to wayfarers and move to a hut. Quite simple aye?
Toby Frost

Post by Toby Frost »

Palma wrote:For people like me who have to pay 70k unpaid, and 7k/month, "yea shure"

But for people who have castles and are currently away just refreshing with intent to return some time, it likely means that inside those castles their entire UO time is there. They might not return then. And those are the most dedicated players. This might not even happen, but its a needless risk and one more thing just to annoy.
Maybe they should move their crap to the bank cash out their castles and call it a day? There probably isn't a player active today that hasn't had a house decay. Its not that big of a deal and taxes have been in place for years with this subject on the to-do for what 18 months or so? Since I first saw it anyway.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I think a warning would of been suitable for people, as no one cared about taxes due to it never meaning anything. Now some people with a lot of house value will be forced to pay hundred thousands of gold. Not exactly a whine, but taxes have never been a enjoyable word. :lol:

Oh well, doesn't matter to me either way. I always disliked players leaving for months and sitting on houses that could be used by active players. However I don't see how this tax money can "improve" a city. What will there really be available to us anyway? I know it's probably not known exactly what yet, but we're limited as we're not a custom shard.

Either way, I enjoy fresh ideas and moving forward. Nice work staff.

But I can't deal with this, please haaalp. Stahp this.

Last edited by Vaux27 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
632-140-419
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Definitely in favor of this change. Will be interesting to see how it works out.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Well then they could switch tax scripts if's already not like this;

Anyone on the friendlist of the house could pay the tax.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Vaux27 wrote: but we're limited as we're not a custom shard.
Pangaea is a pretty custom shard.

I actually like this change, house sitting was annoying and still is annoying. As for those people who are active and never paid their taxes, well, kind of your fault then isn't it? I mean I owed 60k on my house in nujelm when this went into effect cause for two months I forgot to pay it, but I paid it quick, it isn't that big of a deal. If you let your taxes accumulate over the course of the last year and a half, tough cookies as far as I am concerned.

However, I am not a bastard, a little warning, a few days perhaps in advance would of been nice. But what's done is done, it's time to hunker down, take responsibility for your second job that is UO and pay the virtual government their dues!

I feel bad for those who have let their taxes just pile up but unless you own a place that is just exceptionally expensive, it isn't that big of a deal. I suppose I must be the rarity as I have always paid my taxes regularly just cause it always seemed like a blemish that I should owe some imaginary system money I guess.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

If you have housing with massive debts, simply move and downgrade to a smaller place. Eventually thats the goal. It's also good to keep in mind, that you don't have to pay your debts monthly. Refreshing a house gives you 90 days to gather x amount of gold and 90 days is a long time.

This also brings a political factor to the game. If you have a house in Britain and you pay taxes, you're basically financing and supporting Law.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote:If you have housing with massive debts, simply move and downgrade to a smaller place. Eventually thats the goal. It's also good to keep in mind, that you don't have to pay your debts monthly. Refreshing a house gives you 90 days to gather x amount of gold and 90 days is a long time.

This also brings a political factor to the game. If you have a house in Britain and you pay taxes, you're basically financing and supporting Law.

- Boris
That isn't really an option for some people. What is the current formula for determining house taxes?