Telborea Kingdom

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Darion al'Ferran

Re: Telborea Kingdom

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

I got robbed/killed many many times when I was newcomer here. And yea, it was annoying. But I didnt never felt that bad I would have quit this game. And yes, I was baseclassed. Didnt know much about rules back then.

Just gotta face the fact that you aint immune to being victim of murderer or robber.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i had a friend who tried uo like 5 years ago (not 2011 but ok) harvested the fields for sometime, got killed, didn't know you could be ressed, deleted the char and then quit
so you see, many things can happen :P
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Glarundis wrote:i had a friend who tried uo like 5 years ago (not 2011 but ok) harvested the fields for sometime, got killed, didn't know you could be ressed, deleted the char and then quit
so you see, many things can happen :P

Yep many things can happen. But in my opinion it's not a valid reason to change the shard rules.
It's fine as it is now.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mag'etherian

Post by Mag'etherian »

Kent Strider wrote:When they die to a lizard they gonna quit too? Its the same thing, except lizards will loot them :P
No. It's not entirely the same thing either really. At least a lizard you can get what was looted back, if say you have backup gear in the bank or you find someone who can come help kill the lizard for ya. :P Also, it's very rare that you'll die as often to a lizard as you will to other players, unless of course you're completely new to the game and have zero experience. To me, it's not really the death that's bothersome, it's the corpse runs back and if it happens day after day after day, or every 30 minutes yeah it's going to grow to be a huge pain. If only I could use a horse D: Such bad lag on them, and most of the time even on foot so going hunting will be difficult, especially if I need to keep running to heal from casters.

But at least we can't lose everything when being killed/robbed by players. That's a relief. I really can't understand why I lag so much on a horse. Of all the servers I tried within the last week I ran perfectly fine mounted and all running off the same client version (mostly). Maybe its location or servers connection, idk. If I could hunt better to aquire things more evenly I might not feel so strong about being PKd but with my horrible slowness it's irritating. >.<

Throw a ressurection after killing in a random kill? lol I started doing that myself way back. :D
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

A truely evil char would not ress you. Plus we are talking about newcomers anyway who would quit over being killed without being looted at all.......
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

Theres a diffrence between being truely (maniacally/chaotic) evil, or neutral evil ;)
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

True, depends on the char you play. Neutral evil dude could ress ofc
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

The thing that actually annoys me in this Telborea action is the fact that even if Order of Law would start hunting them down, killing them everyday it would make absolutely no difference. There's no looting and now that Tekstone helps "robbers", stoning them won't help either.

You kill one, he laughs at you and continues on his way. There's just no way to actually stop them, or people from paying them unless Order of Law turns to a tyrannic religion as well killing all who pay tribute to them - making it even more hell on newbies.

Other than that, please do continue with your Telborea RP, seems like it's about the only RP around here.
Abakus

Post by Abakus »

Johnny Walac wrote:Yep many things can happen. But in my opinion it's not a valid reason to change the shard rules.
It's fine as it is now.
Yes Johny You are true. But I dont like your "terorize RP". It could decrease playerbase. New players will not take their friends to Pangaea.

-Abakus
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

I was ressing people if they stayed and RP and didn't just run.
It became a habbit not to ress as 90% of the players says something like "Go bugger someone else" and then runs away.
Ignorant and arrogant baseclass chars will be killed just for that reason. If they were immune to death they could keep being arrogant and ignorant without any consequents.

"The thing that actually annoys me in this Telborea action is the fact that even if Order of Law would start hunting them down, killing them everyday it would make absolutely no difference."

Haven't happened yet so we truly do not know how the Telboreans would react on several defeats.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2