-Blessed items only be used by members of the religion...

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Andoriel

Re: -Blessed items only be used by members of the religion..

Post by Andoriel »

Boris wrote:Jyrgen pretty much got it. It's tried out at the moment. Non-religious players hitting religion damage, but not recieving religion damage is simply wrong. It's a double advantage.

- Boris
get rid of opposite religion damage altogether...problem solved. Seriously the increase damage from blessed weapon is good enough with out opposite religion damage added to it.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I don't see a reason for a non-religious character hitting any religion damage.

Another option is that there's no restriction for blessed items, but when you wear i.e. a Law blessed item, you're a part of that religion (devotion) and this way you hit+recieve religion damage.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Boris wrote:Another option is that there's no restriction for blessed items, but when you wear i.e. a Law blessed item, you're a part of that religion (devotion) and this way you hit+recieve religion damage.

- Boris
Excellent idea!
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

thats not bad idea, though i still prefer keeping the this restriction and/or getting rid of opposite religion damage(the extra damage tek does to law ect) so non piety chars will have easier time in religion(thus increase of variety in religion).
But your last idea would not be restricting lets say baba/bard and priest interactions in hunting atleast,
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

tbh i think this is the way it should be.
it's not nice to see ppl outside the religion having their religious friends blessing their weapons and then turning into killing machines.
if they want to have power from a god, then join the religion.
we all know what happens with a barbarian and a blessed weapon :P
they can still do it if they join the religion. but no more friends benefitting from religious bless.

be glad this is still available for religious players even if not piety users. but maybe that'd help rangers having advantage over archers..

i agree with removing the special damage some religions make to some others.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote:Jyrgen pretty much got it. It's tried out at the moment. Non-religious players hitting religion damage, but not recieving religion damage is simply wrong. It's a double advantage.

- Boris
Agree with this completely. I think the advantage has been marginally seen used more in PVP than PVM.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Where else would you get religion damage other than PvP? =P
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Boris wrote:I don't see a reason for a non-religious character hitting any religion damage.

Another option is that there's no restriction for blessed items, but when you wear i.e. a Law blessed item, you're a part of that religion (devotion) and this way you hit+recieve religion damage.

- Boris
This would make more sense then the current update. Although I see nothing wrong with the current update, I just think the idea you posted will make the more neutral players happy. As if you want to do something with one of the religions they force you to join, this goes along with guilds but I can't complain on how things are run.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I personally like this change. Two thumbs up.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Nvm, misunderstood.
Last edited by Jyrgen on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.