Looting update Q&A

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Jessica

Re: Looting update Q&A

Post by Jessica »

This change will definitely make rules more clear and that way less job for GM's.

Only thing im curious about though.

You're not allowed to loot clothes, but you can be stoned.

What happens if robber dies with his clothes on and goes and tries to retrieve them? Well, he will get stoned, since you can't fight back without fightning gear. This will lead into that robbers kinda can't wear clothes, while others can? Old times when you were allowed to loot everything, there was no reason to go back to your corpse as a robber, and that way it was fair - if you wanted to try retrieve some of your gear, you had to take a risk of getting stoned.
Birds nest: 620-518-578
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Corpse Camping rule comes in... come on your a red know the rules :(
Masano

Post by Masano »

Im sure us players could manage not to be complete dickheads and return/allow clothes to be retrieved for the poor robber who has been stoned. Also, just because rules on stoning are relaxed doesnt mean people will be getting stoned left, right and centre. Stone takes 50+ piety and its a long rite to cast- caster can be killed. Ofcourse there is one way to be 100% sure you wont be stoned...stop robbing ;)
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Like I said, its hard to fight against the one whos casting stoning rite if your gear has been taken already. Robbers, opposing religion members, opposing guild members should have possibility to retrieve their clothes if other people have it too. Also Corpse camping rule is about preventing someone to even get to his corpse, but nothing is said about after he has got the items.

And after I've seen how personally some people take this fight, im quite sure there will be stoning on left and right and centre. AND IM FINE WITH POSSIBLE STONING, I just want to know how can someone retrieve their clothes, which are not allowed to be looted, when they should risk their character into stone which prisons the target for 1,5 months.
Birds nest: 620-518-578
Milkbags

Post by Milkbags »

The GM's could make all unlootable items blessed, and then tada, no problems!
Ricardus

Post by Ricardus »

Jessica wrote:I just want to know how can someone retrieve their clothes, which are not allowed to be looted, when they should risk their character into stone which prisons the target for 1,5 months.
It's your problem, no one forced you to become a robber anyway. Btw do you remember any player can send you a loot corpse request don't you? Just ask a friend to do it duh
ImageSTFU Noob!!
Boris wrote:Don't worry, we're not here to kill baseclass, it's Telboreas duty.
- Boris
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Milkbags wrote:The GM's could make all unlootable items blessed, and then tada, no problems!
Only problem with that is it affects to PVM aswell. I for one don't like the idea that clothes would be practically impossible to loose.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Well, the only solution to Jessica's problem I see is that no one is allowed to stone you if you only retrieve your un-lootable items... unless you of course start to bad-mouth them or similar.

As a side note, at least back when I used to stone people the stone remained on the corpse making it un-lootable. Is this fixed already? So if you're stoned will the items decay or can they be saved?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

What comes to stoning, basicly what Masano said. Generally the RP requirements are so high for stoning, it can only be done in certain situations. An illegal stoning will automatically drop the casters piety + anyone concenrating, so I highly advice to think more than twice before stoning anyone. If we encounter dicks with stoning, we'll handle them.

The same applies to looting aswell. Even if you have the right to loot more than before, it doesn't mean you need to. Yes, I understand that robbers loot valuables and I understand that in PvP (generally directed to religions), people loot "useless" stuff to disarm the opponent (foci, bandages, regeants, potions, whatever). What I do not understand is robbing people not worth the rob. To get even with the kill (MC), the victim should wear items worth 30k. At that point you're basicly in 0gp's win-wise. You need to add the winnings to that, so a target worth the rob should easily carry items with a total value of 40-50k. That's in a 1-1 situation. So basicly, the same thing applies here as for stoning. If you want to be a dick, we can be dicks too. If you're known to rob people in Despise for shitloot, don't wonder why we manhunt your ass every time you log.

Not to mention I've already busted a player, who looted items he didn't need and threw them in a trash barrel. That was worth a full item wipe on his own account + massive jailtime. Don't push your luck.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Also always take screenshot of journal with RP and reasoning for stoning. As it was back then.