PvM discussion.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Palma

Re: PvM discussion.

Post by Palma »

Imo monsters shouldn't yoink and healers should be placed everywhere.

It's the reason I always hated to hunt here. 15 mins of fun ain't worth the pain of when you die and gazillions of stuff loots your stuff and everything gets scattered all over the place!

And don't say it's so that people get a chance to loose stuff, no one looses anything! Everyone just calls for help and others have to suffer also to come rescue your stuff. In the end you always recover stuff one way or the other. So Imo, remove the yoink and make it easier to get ressed!

I speak for myself, I'd hunt every day then! I could have that thought "Hm I got 15 mins, i'll hunt a bit". Instead of "I got the whole afternoon, I'll go hunt".
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I very much agree with Palma, one of the main problems here is its annoying to play at times. It sucks to have to run alllll the way back to the healer near whatever town your hunting, or to have to call someone to help you when you die. Feels like more of a chore than a game at that point.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Deciet, Covetous, Khaldun are the only Dungeons with Shrines out there, if im not missing one or two?

Every _dungeon_ should have a shrine.
Aias

Post by Aias »

If monsters don't yoink, your stuff will just decay instead. How's that better?
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Why would the monsters be able to kill you THAT easy even if you're a decent player?
Talking about spells/hits from mobs overall here. The Player vs Monster death should be greatly reduced due to ONE fact. Ability to break equipment faster. Make mobs last longer, kill less. = they hit you more, they last longer > chance to break equipment. Wahey.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Actualy i think every dungeon has a shrine... i think you should explore dungeons more widely instead of just passing the levels... Even despice has shrine.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Ivan wrote:Actualy i think every dungeon has a shrine... i think you should explore dungeons more widely instead of just passing the levels... Even despice has shrine.
Yup, all the regular dungeons that have an opposite virtue has a shrine. There are nine shrines and there are nine dungeons with a shrine as well. Dungeons that had been added later one don't have a shrine unless especially made by the GMs.
Kastus

Post by Kastus »

Palma wrote:Imo monsters shouldn't yoink and healers should be placed everywhere.

It's the reason I always hated to hunt here. 15 mins of fun ain't worth the pain of when you die and gazillions of stuff loots your stuff and everything gets scattered all over the place!

And don't say it's so that people get a chance to loose stuff, no one looses anything! Everyone just calls for help and others have to suffer also to come rescue your stuff. In the end you always recover stuff one way or the other. So Imo, remove the yoink and make it easier to get ressed!

I speak for myself, I'd hunt every day then! I could have that thought "Hm I got 15 mins, i'll hunt a bit". Instead of "I got the whole afternoon, I'll go hunt".
tbh if yoink would be removed and if healers/shrines would be everywhere, people would be PvM'ing non-stop and you couldn't find areas with monsters to fight with on your level. but still it's a nice idea.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Yoink or not. The GM's are merely concentrating on the economic part of the shard aswell. But that's why i offer to tweak the PvM section, to make the critters not kill every player. Yeah, ofcourse if a baseclasser goes in he gets oneshotted or something.

The idea is to make hunt a tad more exciting, im not sure why it was built like that but uhm...it's boring right now. Ofcourse you can have a risk to die, always should but if your character is pretty much trained you can only die to your own stupitidy.

So, how should the PvM work?
- make players hit the critters more.
- make the critters a tad weaker to not 1-2 shot anyone. (except void/balron/ancient)
- they should be seperated into categories into strenght for every scenarios such as;
Caster vs Caster
Caster vs Fighter
Group vs Caster
Group vs Fighter
Pet vs Caster
Pet vs Fighter
Summons vs Caster
Summons vs Fighter

Some of the mentoined scenarios can also be merged but with the current PvM'ing it seems that a group is already considered 2 players and the mobs act accordinly, rofl?

Why should the PvM work like that?
- to increase the chance of equipment breaking
- to increase the motivation to hunt, more fun to actually kill something properly instead of being killed 20 times before you manage to get it down.
- if people die less in pvm and lose their stuff, it will also prevent metagaming.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Zaradon wrote: Why should the PvM work like that?
- to increase the chance of equipment breaking
I bet GMs like this. Give something and get something or whatever they say usually.