Mayor/citizenship/faction system draft v0.9.2

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Demian

Re: Mayor/citizenship/faction system draft v0.9.2

Post by Demian »

Monad wrote:
Demian wrote:Does that need more explanation? If the towns receive clear boosts to defence by stronger guards, longer siege time, better fighting skills etc. Ofcourse the religions will want to have as many towns in their control as possible?
If we make the towns harder to siege, they will be sieged even more? I don't think I share the same logical thinking behind your statement.
According to Darians ideas that is the last and hardest possible perk you can achieve. But all the others can be achieved alot easier. And yes, there will be more fighting over the towns to get to the last perk aswell. And I think it meant double siege time for only 1 town anyway.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Ooh you're talking about the ladder system. Well that is nowhere near written in the stone, actually I didn't like it too much.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Cruxis Bane wrote:Not saying it guarentee it will just saying but it might be nice if there is 1-2 towns that will be exempt incase someone doesnt want to partake in it?
Building off of this comment: What is the strategy for implementation - holistic or piecemeal, for the mayor and faction systems, respectively?
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Tyrion wrote:
Cruxis Bane wrote:Not saying it guarentee it will just saying but it might be nice if there is 1-2 towns that will be exempt incase someone doesnt want to partake in it?
Building off of this comment: What is the strategy for implementation - holistic or piecemeal, for the mayor and faction systems, respectively?
We'll start off with a trial of probably two weeks, include one town of each faction and see what needs fixing. After that we expand it to other towns if everything goes smoothly.

What comes to the Cruxis' question, you can stay out of the system by not joining any faction. You can still play normally but you just can't enjoy the same priviledges as the citizens. I can deed more ruins and outside the town houses if you tell me where those are.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Demian wrote:
Monad wrote:
Demian wrote:Does that need more explanation? If the towns receive clear boosts to defence by stronger guards, longer siege time, better fighting skills etc. Ofcourse the religions will want to have as many towns in their control as possible?
If we make the towns harder to siege, they will be sieged even more? I don't think I share the same logical thinking behind your statement.
According to Darians ideas that is the last and hardest possible perk you can achieve. But all the others can be achieved alot easier. And yes, there will be more fighting over the towns to get to the last perk aswell. And I think it meant double siege time for only 1 town anyway.
Yeah it's the ultimate perk that a mayor of each town can CHOOSE if he wants to. Sadly it also takes a lot of perks so choosing it means they are unable to choose more "useful" perks for the citizens. Not to mention, if the mayor isn't happy with the faction running the show, it will choose perks that don't benefit the faction at all. To get it you need your holy town + 8 additional towns. That means you pretty much must have conquered all towns (8 out of 9, though if New Haven is removed, then it's 8 out of 8).

It's called the Ultimate perk because it makes it very hard to siege the towns. However, keep in mind, you can still siege a smaller town and even with double siege time, it won't be any longer than Vesper nowadays. Capturing that small town means losing the perk on every other town (That is if the mayors have picked it!) as the faction no longer holds them all.

But yes, having that perk is worth fighting for. It's worth sieging Vesper and Trinsic. Is that a bad thing? Not in my opinion, because it would partly justify why Trinsic and Vesper are so hard to siege.
Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Take whatever I say with a grain of salt since I am kinda of wasted. I had an idea about taxes, revenue and politics. How about adding a value added tax in addition to the territorial tax. For example in Britain they may charge a higher price, because they have a higher VAT. While maybe in, I dont know let say Minoc for example doesnt have a VAT. This way the mayors of each town would raise or lower taxes depending on the situacion. Maybe one city might have a safety net that will allways be there in case someone fall to such a point, where they would need help from the comunity. While, on the other hand other citys might not care. Also I love the idea that certain citys give bonuses to merchant. Something else that might be intresting might be that if a town is swamped with lets say I dont know iron ignots, they will pay less for them because there is a raise in supply. Therefor, making the merchant got to diferent cities in trying to sell their commodities.(just in case I meant fungible items, not a specially crafted sword, since that would be illogical) This must seem like a hassel at first, but it will make the game more challenging for merchant. Also I plan to make an old school bank that goes back to Roman times. This is similar today to what a draft and warrant is. For example lets say you want to sell a 1000 ingnot you extracted from the mines in Minoc. Now lets say that the town of Minoc has a surplus of ingnots(I know there are many types but thats not the point) At the same time Trinisic is in dire need of ingnots. Therefor if the player wants to obtain the best price for his ingnots he will sell them in Trinsoc and not Minoc. The problem is that carrying all those ingnots from one city to another might prove dangerous and tiresome. My idea, and now I went way off topic, is to create a type of bank. Where you give me youre ingnots, I give you a book signed and sealed, I am pretty sure you can do this in this shard, and then present the document in in Trinsic where another branch of the bank will have the ignots wating for you. The problem of tansportation, would be left to the bank to not be robbed, and to aquire and hire the protection needed. I apologize for going on a rant, but I think this could be really fun RP wise. I dont know if they have commodity deeds in this shard and if they are blessed. I am being upfront. I am new and lack knowledge about this shard. I only dare to post becuase people here are at least will to give you a chance no matter how new or ignorant about the game you might be. Just a thought
Zendrick

Re: Mayor/citizenship/faction system draft v0.8

Post by Zendrick »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
You can only vote once per house owned in a town. So if you have five characters, all citizens of Britain, but only one house, you can only cast one vote. In order to vote five times you need five houses in Britain. Or if you have one house in Britain and two in Moonglow, you have one vote in Britain and two in Moonglow - should two of your characters be citizens of that town. I also think the votes should go by the house value so the bigger the house, more valuable your vote is. So one big house equals to multiple small houses. In fact, just like you think we would abuse it, to prevent abuse from Law's side I think account and house/housevalue bound system is a must.
I think the 1 vote per house is a great idea, it could be part of the house sign options? So that the whole house is in agreement for the vote. if alts wouldn't be for that vate with their current RP they can buy their own house in a different town. As for house value i disagree because how does the size of you house make you opinion any more important than the poor man in the lowly inn room?