Town Siege

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Jyrgen

Re: Town Siege

Post by Jyrgen »

Imho the main problem with the current system is that parties can take (some) towns without any resistance at all, if they do it during the nighttime.
Probably going to see some towns switching ownership on a daily (2-days actually, due to timer) basis like this :p
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Cruxis Bane wrote:We own occlo.
DOUBLE OR NOTHING BRO.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Brainfart. Ment Skara of course.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Biao

Post by Biao »

Imho the main problem with the current system is that parties can take (some) towns without any resistance at all, if they do it during the nighttime.
Probably going to see some towns switching ownership on a daily (2-days actually, due to timer) basis like this :p
that could be solved with a minimum 8 hours to every town . And 12max to the biggest.

about guards hmm when a siedje on action town area could prevent from casting guards. just ideas
Demian

Post by Demian »

Guards shouldn't be taken away from town siege situations. Even the rp fits it better that guards are used inside towns than outside, and there's no point to change that. And what's the problem with them anyway? We can use them when Imperial attacks and vice-versa.
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Demian wrote:Guards shouldn't be taken away from town siege situations. Even the rp fits it better that guards are used inside towns than outside, and there's no point to change that. And what's the problem with them anyway? We can use them when Imperial attacks and vice-versa.
Didnt spent that much time in that Trinsic siege, but making enough negation stones and after that, start spamming guards. Its an tactic yeah, but being unable to dispel/cast anything while theres 20 guards running around, no good.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Ain't supposed to be easy :)
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Yes, today the whines are inevitable. When 11 hours are lost due to Nature not being effected by our veritas, but we're squelched/hurt...it's not exactly fair. Life goes on I guess and I expect nothing can be done like always, so I'll need to readjust my life as that was just plain...sad. :lol:

I'm also calling bullshit(respectfully) that no guards of Imperial were respawned after we cleared the town 10 and a half hours earlier. If it's up to 20 hours...let's fix that guys.

Anyway I still appreciate the hard work you guys put into this game, so I can't come here and be too pissed. When I sleep on this though(9:41AM up all night) I can't say I'll feel the same.
632-140-419
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yes, let the anger flow through you.

"the anger is strong with this one" :D

in all honesty, the guard respawn and the guard summoning need to be fixed.
demian, would you like to stay 11 hours at a siege then in 10 minutes lose it because we all spam guards?if you stay, you die, if you fall back, you left the siege stone. either way you lost, and you can be an ancient char with indies and elites, you will lose. it's not fun anymore. and a game is supposed to be fun
it's stuff like this that makes ppl get pissed off at the other side and wanna kill them all IG and that. because the system allows for 10 minutes and no preparation to beat 11 hours and lots of preparation

after these things, either ppl go into inactivity, or we get pissed off and raid around 24/7
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Sitting there for 11h was your own decision. You decided to take perhaps the hardest town and failed.

Veritas was a know issue and talked through before the attack. You should of simply waited for Ares to fix them.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.