Town Siege

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Vaux27

Re: Town Siege

Post by Vaux27 »

Boris wrote:Sitting there for 11h was your own decision. You decided to take perhaps the hardest town and failed.

Veritas was a know issue and talked through before the attack. You should of simply waited for Ares to fix them.

- Boris

I won't accept that man, sorry. It was not our fault, we don't have access to the scripts. Don't get me wrong damnit, we're all here for fun. But when that fun is well...more or less raped...why should people want to relog?

I can't agree man, a town being hard and failing because of that is one thing, but to fail only due to flawed scripting should not kill all of our hard work.

The only way to fix this is to start the timer back within the same period of time with the scripting corrected. You guys dropped the ball on this, not us. It's not really fair to put the blame on us, we planned for 2 weeks and would of held the lines forever with a working veritas. That's counting 3-4 players having to AFK due to 11 hours of exhaustion. Sure, that part is all on us at the end because WE decided to do that, but once again...we didn't know scripting would allow this asterisk of a massacre.

Intervene and restart it at a later time, FFS. Especially since Ares already fixed it and it's pending a restart...
632-140-419
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

The scripts work as they should. They simply can't automatically change depending on the politics of religion x. Everything needs to be changed manually.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Boris wrote:The scripts work as they should. They simply can't automatically change depending on the politics of religion x. Everything needs to be changed manually.

- Boris

I understand that and I know you guys do this shit in your spare time for fun like us, but don't tell me we "lost" due to difficulty. We were within the hour or so to take it and we lost due to scripting...flat out. We all know that when the facts stare us in the face, and it's my job to be the one to speak up about it since Imperial was robbed. This wasn't some politics man, I knew it was a reds getting hurt by veritas thing. But if I knew Nature was not effected by our veritas, it would of been taken care of differently. I want to ensure this game stays fun for all of us, and now it may be all out hell from here on.

There is nothing that can be done to re-run a shard error though? Not KISS enough I assume?
Last edited by Vaux27 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
632-140-419
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

well that is settled, but really, do something about the guards. spamming them to rush the stone makes too hard or just plain impossible for the other side. if you hold ground, you're dead. if you fall back, you lose the siege. and even if you have enough players to dispel some guards, it's differint when you're against a guard spam by everyone on the opposing team
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

I'm sure that when Law finally tries to take a city then we'll probably have the same whine about guards. Other team have more casters to deal with guards? Create negation stone. Pwnt.
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

xHarlequinx wrote:I'm sure that when Law finally tries to take a city then we'll probably have the same whine about guards. Other team have more casters to deal with guards? Create negation stone. Pwnt.
I think this will be exactly what happens. I would think people don't have a strong desire to siege towns, though.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Kerbal wrote: I think this will be exactly what happens. I would think people don't have a strong desire to siege towns, though.

Yep, the desire for taking towns is slim now, there will just be another scripting bug/abused somewhere that ruins 11 hours of progress.

Sorry fellas, but it's the truth.
632-140-419
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Vaux27 wrote:
Kerbal wrote: I think this will be exactly what happens. I would think people don't have a strong desire to siege towns, though.

Yep, the desire for taking towns is slim now, there will just be another scripting bug/abused somewhere that ruins 11 hours of progress.

Sorry fellas, but it's the truth.
Hey, you have invincible conjurer here in Occlo that you can use at any time to flee...
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i'm very pissed about all the bullshit in trinsic, all the hours lost, but at occlo, we were the ones that had guards and still lost.

STOP targetting the same guy with malleus ffs :D it's not nice to drop dead without being hit by weapon
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Cruxis Bane wrote:We own occlo.
Really? o.O