Shard is down

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Shalinn

Re: Shard is down

Post by Shalinn »

blckfire wrote:Friggin' Windows updates! It's back up. Hope this stops soon...
Maybe turn off those automatic updates. Happened way too many times now
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

blckfire wrote:Friggin' Windows updates! It's back up. Hope this stops soon...

Turn the auto-update off/keep the notification of new updates/agree on a date with the playerbase to do the updates and nobody does/hunts anything major.

Win for everyone.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Zaradon wrote: Turn the auto-update off/keep the notification of new updates/agree on a date with the playerbase to do the updates and nobody does/hunts anything major.
Shalinn

Post by Shalinn »

blckfire wrote:
Zaradon wrote: Turn the auto-update off/keep the notification of new updates/agree on a date with the playerbase to do the updates and nobody does/hunts anything major.
Yeah well I think Zaradon is on tracks here. I think you realy should turn of automatic updates and do those manualy when you are yourself on PC. Theres been lately few times when server just shutdowns because of your windows updates.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Shalinn wrote:
blckfire wrote:
Yeah well I think Zaradon is on tracks here. I think you realy should turn of automatic updates and do those manualy when you are yourself on PC. Theres been lately few times when server just shutdowns because of your windows updates.
Mercer

Post by Mercer »

Prince

Post by Prince »

Losing conection every 10 sec... this is going for 5 or more min already
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Prince wrote:Losing conection every 10 sec... this is going for 5 or more min already
Same happening to me
I whine, therefore I am
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

I just posted some information about the server.

It's ISP related... Should end soon, I hope.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Yes, turn off the Windows automatic update option since we never know when Windows is pushing out updates...Oh wait, the second and occasionally fourth Tuesday of every month which was formalised in 2003, a fairly recent turn of events I know. Plus having worked around computers that control more important systems and programs than a UO shard, it's been my experience that generally when updates are turned off by the user they tend to forget to do updates, many of which are fixes for various exploits.

Just be aware on these two days a month, there is a likelihood of the shard going down, I suspect the system the shard runs on is set up to restart and automatically run POL on start up.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman