newest updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Re: newest updates

Post by Boris »

The guards can be changed, but there's no going back to the old guard zones. They're static and thus do not support the interactive siege system.

Also only Law losing is a shortsighted view. Over a year ago every religion had guards that could be summoned anywhere.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Akkarrin wrote:Hang on we just lost our ability to cast guards in any location we want on mainland... this is a huge nerf for law (not all law thought so in exchange for dispellable, but i do think so)! and you were one of the people who supported it most?! and your idea is to nerf them even more? so that the majority of priests can only cast two guards at 60% strength which will be nowhere near to eachother and have 40 min break between the time they can summon guards that have worn out... your arrogance is astounding.

I accept the new change seems a bit daft as i said on multiple occassions so how about, changing them back to how they were?!
Having non-dispellable guards once every 60 minutes is actually a much bigger problem than dispellable guards every 20 minutes.
I whine, therefore I am
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Still saying that they send to wrong also. Which makes it even worse.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i agree with points 1,2 and 3 of darian's suggestion
no to points 4 and 5
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

Talerco Pious wrote:
Akkarrin wrote:Hang on we just lost our ability to cast guards in any location we want on mainland... this is a huge nerf for law (not all law thought so in exchange for dispellable, but i do think so)! and you were one of the people who supported it most?! and your idea is to nerf them even more? so that the majority of priests can only cast two guards at 60% strength which will be nowhere near to eachother and have 40 min break between the time they can summon guards that have worn out... your arrogance is astounding.

I accept the new change seems a bit daft as i said on multiple occassions so how about, changing them back to how they were?!
Having non-dispellable guards once every 60 minutes is actually a much bigger problem than dispellable guards every 20 minutes.
dont do me much good when i can only cast them in places which already have guards? also sooner or later impstone is going to do a nighttime seige and then its gonna be 100% impossible to get the towns back ¬_¬

Boris I preffered it when imp/law could cast guards everywhere :P tek/natu guards i found a little bit odd admittedly
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Akkarrin wrote:
Talerco Pious wrote:

dont do me much good when i can only cast them in places which already have guards? also sooner or later impstone is going to do a nighttime seige and then its gonna be 100% impossible to get the towns back ¬_¬

Boris I preffered it when imp/law could cast guards everywhere :P tek/natu guards i found a little bit odd admittedly

Impossible for you to take the towns? How? is it any harder for you than it is Impstone?
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

yeh because there are generally people awake when law do seiges... do pay attention :)
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Glarundis wrote:i agree with points 1,2 and 3 of darian's suggestion
no to points 4 and 5
Yeah, I didn't mean they need to be implemented as a whole. More like one step at a time and if nothing else helps, then the final fifth step as well.
Darian Darkmind

Changing them back? That means nothing changes! This is progress and when the shard is trying to aim forward there's no turning back. The old was has been prooved a hundred times to be non-functional even if it makes it easy for you.

Why do you think you NEED guards to do your job? Why do you believe they are a necessity to do your job?

I don't know if you played two years ago, but like Boris said a while ago EVERY RELIGION had their own summonable guards. Law, Tekstone, Nature and Imperial all were able to cast equal guards anywhere on the map. This meant two things: 1. It was balanced and there was no guard whine like now and 2. Battles were often Guards versus Guards which was boring. The only little whine there was, was about fights being boring, PvP turning into GvG and I for one acknowledged it and wanted guards removed from every tome - mine included - so we can bring PvP back.

Then the current staff started with the tome balance path and gave Tekstone an aura. At first we were excited, we got our own aura. Only five seconds later we realized our guards were replaced with the aura. That alone didn't cause us to whine, but when we realized Law and Imperial got to keep their guards, we realized that boring GvG turned to PvG which is tenfold more retarded!! Of course we were pissed and we did some protest posts about it on the Tekstone forums, but nothing was changed and we accepted it. We didn't go on a whine rampage that lasted for months. We knew guards were retarded, overpowered and boring to PvP with. Our only hope was they were removed from both Law and Imperial as well to bring true PvP in the picture. It wasn't.

These nerfs are necessary and you should be happy to even have guards in the first place. The truth is you do not need them just like Tekstone, Nature or Imperial doesn't need them. Tekstone and Nature lost their guards, now it's your turn. If not losing them completely, at least have them severely nerfed.
Darian Darkmind

Akkarrin wrote:yeh because there are generally people awake when law do seiges... do pay attention :)
Do you think when Imperial was made it was made solely for Americans? Or do you think Law is solely for Europeans?

NO!

For christ's sake, stop with that fucking time-zone whine already and recruit some Americans to your rank! For the ten-thousandth time, Americans are facing a similar problem to you with the time-zones. When you're awake, they are at sleep/work. However, they've fixed that problem by 1. Being determined and staying online in weird hours and 2. Allying Tekstone. If they didn't ally Tekstone or were so determined with the game, they would be facing the SAME problem as you are now and were forced to recruit more European players.

This problem of yours is something you can fix yourself. It doesn't require scripts or script-changes. It only takes effort from you to either recruit or stay online and fight. If you don't care to do either, it is obvious you take your tome and kingdom for granted and therefore deserve neither.