New topic discussion

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ares

Re: New topic discussion

Post by Ares »

Look at your house sign under the tax option.. 1% of house value.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:If you have housing with massive debts, simply move and downgrade to a smaller place. Eventually thats the goal. It's also good to keep in mind, that you don't have to pay your debts monthly. Refreshing a house gives you 90 days to gather x amount of gold and 90 days is a long time.

This also brings a political factor to the game. If you have a house in Britain and you pay taxes, you're basically financing and supporting Law.

- Boris
The only problem with the current system is that for 4+ years the tax just accumulated and noone asked you to pay it. And now, suddenly, someone pops out and says "oh, if you don't pay within 1-3 months, you're gonna lose your house".
My Trinsic house has like 500k+ unpaid taxes, same for Britain house. That's somewhat over 4 years of unpaid taxes. Yes, Boris, but the current system expects people to downgrade their house, even if, in reality, they could afford paying the monthly tax, but not just the so-far accumulated one.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

If you can't afford them, you simply sell and take whatever's left. Buy a cheaper house, rebuild, get back on track. There are barriers, but they can be overcome as well.

Now as the system is being built, that 1 massive spike of tax money (everyone with more than 1 month of debts) is needed. In order to uphold/control a successful town, you need money. You need to spend that money with care or else, the services and protection will weaken. Eventually that one big spike of tax money is only for the good of the town. It gives time and makes sure, a town with its mayor won't hit bankruptcy in a month. This is a long road and we'll need a lot of adjusting for the system to work.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Prince

Post by Prince »

what will happen when someone does not pay the taxes?
The house decays and the items also (i mean imediatly)
Or the house decays and people can come and loot their items until they decay?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It works the same way as now.

- Boris
Ares

Post by Ares »

Prince wrote:what will happen when someone does not pay the taxes?
The house decays and the items also (i mean imediatly)
Or the house decays and people can come and loot their items until they decay?
The house is released (as in sold) and all the items are unlocked and stand there untill they decay.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Guys I really think you should of notified the players a month in advance, or at least delay the implementation. I'm currently fine with paying mine and already have, but as Jyrgen said the accumulation is the real problem here.

It's just my opinion but I think it's not very fair to a pretty loyal player base. I'm not trying to discourage your work here and I really appreciate the forward progress of Pang. I just think in this case it has a lot of negative factors and would of been best approached with an early warning.
632-140-419
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

You still have 90 days though, do you not? Or did I misunderstand?

It's not like you have to pay it by tomorrow.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Iktomi wrote:You still have 90 days though, do you not? Or did I misunderstand?

It's not like you have to pay it by tomorrow.
You have 90 days if you refreshed the house right before the implementation. At least I, when playing active, usually "refresh" my houses by logging off in there or using the sign, etc, which only refreshes for 30 days.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Jyrgen wrote:You have 90 days if you refreshed the house right before the implementation. At least I, when playing active, usually "refresh" my houses by logging off in there or using the sign, etc, which only refreshes for 30 days.
In such a case there are two options. Either...

or...

- Boris