-Blessed items only be used by members of the religion...

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Darian Darkmind

Re: -Blessed items only be used by members of the religion..

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Not that I really care which way it is, but I don't really get why shouldn't we be allowed to bless other people's items?

Law blessed items do a lot of damage to red characters. And everyone else too, for that matter. It's only fair Tekstone can bless other's weapons to fight back.

Now normal non-religious characters have even harder time fighting against religions. Granted, with blessed weapons they had the advantage of doing religion damage and not receiving it, but it's still better than being completely powerless against religion.

I think Boris' idea is the best. If you wear religion blessed items, you are open to religion damage.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Now normal non-religious characters have even harder time fighting against religions. Granted, with blessed weapons they had the advantage of doing religion damage and not receiving it, but it's still better than being completely powerless against religion.
If those so-called "normal" non-religious characters were using weapon blesses, they must've had some kind of religion as an ally (or atleast somewhat good relationship with them) anyway. So I wouldn't really consider them fully non-religious most of the time. And those people (usually) didn't join religion but stayed allied instead, just to avoid getting religious dmg. Just get all those people join the religion, voila, problem solved.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Ivan wrote:when this rule has been made? imo if this rule comes religions will be even more isolated from non-religions

imo no reason to even be friend of religion if this happens
Lots of reasons still exist.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

ivan, that's like saying you're only friends of the religion for the extra damage boost.
that's why i don't like members outside religions getting that boost for pvp and then off you go, have your own rp.

unless there's a VERY GOOD reason why this or that guild is allied.
otherwise ppl can just join the religion.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Basicly it's very simple and obvious: If you don't receive extra damage, you don't inflict it.
Or other option: If you inflict extra damage, you also receive it.
Before you could inflict extra damage but not receive it - anyone who cries because that is taken away should think twice.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

What we have now and the secondary option I mentioned, well... no real difference there. Either you do religion damage and recieve it - or don't do and don't recieve. It's a +/- thing.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Boris wrote:What we have now and the secondary option I mentioned, well... no real difference there. Either you do religion damage and recieve it - or don't do and don't recieve. It's a +/- thing.

- Boris

That's really the fair thing to do in the end, completely agree. I do have another question, wouldn't a religion making the non-religious member's guild an enemy of war enable the damage?
632-140-419
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

to make even easier for the religion to obliterate the guild? :D
i think guilds have enough trouble on their own to stand against chars with rites.

sure, from the rp point of view, any enemy should receive the extra damage, and guilds should never even try to fight a religion, unless it was an abnormally strong guild.
but not sure it would be good. i like guild being able to defy religions
Mike

Post by Mike »

I think this change is bad to be honest. The rationale can go both ways obviously, but in the greater perspective it will be bad for diversity on the shard.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Mike wrote:I think this change is bad to be honest. The rationale can go both ways obviously, but in the greater perspective it will be bad for diversity on the shard.
In what way will diversity be affected other than in pvp?