Town Siege

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Zaradon

Re: Town Siege

Post by Zaradon »

Boris wrote:Less veritas, more siege.

Continue and your forum account will be locked.

- Boris
Restrict siege to Law/Imperial
Add Nature/Tekstone Territory siege.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Not sure, but how hard is that Siege rite to cast, meditation wise? From what I've heard, Zarek has failed it with heighten meditation. So perhaps it should be made easier to cast, so that Imperial's Head monk (i.e, Vaux) could cast it also.
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Small question, if a town is conquered by an opposing religion how is one supposed to log on and not get killed instantly by guards?
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Aileth wrote:Small question, if a town is conquered by an opposing religion how is one supposed to log on and not get killed instantly by guards?
Lock the doors or don't use the house with that character.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

It is only 48 hours to reconquer the town right? Perhaps we should restrict this to only 1 religion can siege instead of being able to be assisted by another? It seems kinda harsh that law and nature can work together whereas imperial and tekstone when we try to roleplay a peace agreement and everything cant work together. Honestly if it would be 1 religion vs 1 religion I could see the outcoming varying.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Why does it matter if it's 1 or 2 religions, if they are equal in numbers?
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Different tomes bring different utility to a fight. In theory the more utility you have the better chance you have to win. Its not all about veritas! :P
Demian

Post by Demian »

Would you rather fight 10 law priests instead of 5 law and 5 nature priests then? :p
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

The siege system is working quite well, now we have to address the issues that it has brought up. I think this thread has served its purpose.
Thought about getting in to this "put it on the table and lets see!"-contest but its not worth it.

KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Demian wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:Only now realized Nature has succesfully sieged Occlo. Well gongratulations to them, but this only proves how flawed and "veritas"-based the whole system is.

Give Tekstone veritas and we will take Occlo from Nature - although this is only if Law cannot summon guards in Occlo?
It does not prove how flawed and veritas-based the system is. It just proves that we played better since Imps couldn't even take it back with GUARDS and veritas.

Oh, and almost forgot Sacrifice.
I knew you would say this. You forget that Imperial veritas did not work against Nature, but Nature veritas worked against Imperial. Therefore your claim in invalid. Of course the above might have been a bug and hopefully fixed, but still it's the reason it failed.

On the topic of this siege remember that imperial and most pulled an all nighter going for Trinsic, when I woke up Occlo was taken.

The siege system does need a tweak but it's hard to know what would balance it, the idea of giving the attackers another chance would seem like a nice bonus, if the defenders had to hold it for x amount of time