Clean Looting Week - FEEDBACK

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

Re: Clean Looting Week - FEEDBACK

Post by Johnny Walac »

Darian Darkmind wrote:I'd rather make Malas this HC hutning/PvP ground. The whole place is swarmed with daemons, dragons and undead kings. There you can easily earn a lot of stuff and gold, but risk losing it equally fast to robbers and raiding parties.

The whole map other than one town could be spawned with high end monsters, three balrons attacking you at once in Umbra, 10 ice fiends on the mountains, dragons roaming the wilderness, giants inhabiting the hills and mountain roads. All other towns filled with high end undead with a high end 'boss' in the center.

Edit: This would also make the place new, grant players a lot of options to hunt thus increasing player count, as well as giving robbers stuff to do and constant PvP increasing playercount. With high risk comes high prize.
This might be interesting tho.

But let's start with dryloot at Felucca. Then advance to something like this.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Darian Darkmind wrote:I'd rather make Malas this HC hutning/PvP ground. The whole place is swarmed with daemons, dragons and undead kings. There you can easily earn a lot of stuff and gold, but risk losing it equally fast to robbers and raiding parties.

The whole map other than one town could be spawned with high end monsters, three balrons attacking you at once in Umbra, 10 ice fiends on the mountains, dragons roaming the wilderness, giants inhabiting the hills and mountain roads. All other towns filled with high end undead with a high end 'boss' in the center.

Edit: This would also make the place new, grant players a lot of options to hunt thus increasing player count, as well as giving robbers stuff to do and constant PvP increasing playercount. With high risk comes high prize.
+1 on this idea, just one question would Britannia be as is now?.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Quintoz wrote:

+1
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Good idea, but not optimal for the current playerbase.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Boris wrote:Good idea, but not optimal for the current playerbase.

- Boris
That's a wrong attitude my friend. A huge hunting ground where there's something for everyone would bring more activity and thus increase the playerbase. It's a positive circle you know, the more people log in to hunt, the more people log in to rob them. The more people log in, the other people follow and soon you start seeing more activity. The reason I don't really care playing is the fact there's nothing to do, no one to RP with outside your own friends and no one to PvP other than arranged fights with Tekstone. You can't expect the playerbase to grow without doing something about it.

It was a good idea to close Malas to 'force' all the people in the smaller map, but filling Malas with monsters would make sure people aren't hanging out there, only hunting and fighting.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Idd I was talking to Darion about that last night actully and tbh I love the idea becouse it would bring more old school players back, new content does that in my experience.
With the return of players the onlinecount would go up and that would encourage new poeple to remake / restart with new chars and bam we got a decent online count again aswell as a shitton of stuff to go thru and explore.

I might be wrong and make myself look like an ass, but I'm okey with that =).

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

darras idea is great but why malas. i suggest Ilshenar as better option.
291-697-526
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Could add plenty of good veins in Malas on Darras idea. And then i mean plenty.

Onyx, empy etc etc.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Frog Morton

Post by Frog Morton »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:
Quintoz wrote:

+1
+1 And could we make sure it has no seraph monsters?
meaningless visual "noise"
auditory hallucinations / sound distortions
altered sense of space and time
fear and/or paranoia
feeling as though one is losing one's mind
feeling as though one is dying
Zendrick

Post by Zendrick »

I think that Darian's idea was great except for that ppl will group hunt the shit out of it and the strong players get super rich and powerful and everyone gets shit... But on the other hand with a low playerbase most ppl are tanks neways so i think it good. But im also ok with drylooting everywhere.. it increases the need for ppl to make good smiths and gets the ecconomy flowing. Also add to the fun anytime you leave the house/ protection of town guards it is nerve wracking thinking you can be robbed at any moment. lol

Just my 2 cents
Enkidu Gorwraith-Voice of the People