Shard down

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

xHarlequinx

Re: Shard down

Post by xHarlequinx »

I've definitely found that I have a hard time getting connected on the "new" server. Like my character will log in, but then it freezes after a step or two. Typically have to relog in a few times before I can actually move about as normal.
samuel reco

Post by samuel reco »

i have had some long connection times to the new server but when i have gotten in i havent experienced any lag or disconnects
Irming

Post by Irming »

the backup server running the pol software right now is much much much much slower in hardware than the regular server, resulting in long login process - long world saves. Only purpose is to establish if it helps with the disconnects - since this will show me, that the problem is hardware / windows installation on the regular server, and not the internet line.

I will let the server run for 1-2 days more on this, and then make a conclusion.

Irming
ICQ 14 38 98 12
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Is it possible that the old hardware needs to be replaced? The last time we experienced such long saves, it was a rough couple of years :\, and I'll leave it at that. With the intent of avoiding a repeat of history, is there anything that could possibly be done to help from the players side?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I remember that before 6month timewarp and item wipe there was about 3-5min world saves... hopefully not going for that direction.
Irming

Post by Irming »

Please stop any rumour building. The server is NOT in any trouble at all.. I am troubleshooting why there seem to be random disconnects. Longer world saves that occur right now is (as I have mentioned several times) - because the server have been moved to a backup computer, with much weaker hardware. This have been done to establish if problem is POL related, Windows related - or Internet connection related. Nothing else. Nothing is at risk, and the risk of time warp is not increased.

Irming
ICQ 14 38 98 12
Irming

Post by Irming »

Tyrion wrote:Is it possible that the old hardware needs to be replaced? The last time we experienced such long saves, it was a rough couple of years :\, and I'll leave it at that. With the intent of avoiding a repeat of history, is there anything that could possibly be done to help from the players side?
not at this time, but thanks for asking. The problem is probably hardware related to the internet connection - since there seems to be problems still. Maybe the router has a bug.

Irming
ICQ 14 38 98 12
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Shard crash; 02,16 GMT +2
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Crash just now ^_^
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

3 of us standing in clothes and good gear beside a tamed thunderbird, if line is down and shard still up and it roams will definately not be happy
I hope for proper crash instead :|