Q&A: Robber status

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Vaux27

Re: Q&A: Robber status

Post by Vaux27 »

Johnny Walac wrote:[
Well no. Back in the old days there wasnt a 3 Religion Alliance that fought against the robbers. It's actually harder now but with less loot.
This is just more obvious flaming.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Vaux27 wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:[
Well no. Back in the old days there wasnt a 3 Religion Alliance that fought against the robbers. It's actually harder now but with less loot.
This is just more obvious flaming.
It was more of a fact.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Palma wrote:Can we ask this new thing to be delayed until the 3D problem is fixed?

Robbers are being hunted with:
3D - unable to run away
Interdiction stone - unable to be gated away
no safe zone - unable to reach safety anywhere

What are 2D robbers supposed to do if a 3D player comes?
Yes this scenario is utter bs, when that 3der kills you in 2 hits - the only way I can escape them is with a bold move and running straight into britain and hiding
Vaux27 wrote: This is just more obvious flaming.
No, thats an opinion - on a situation that has recently reared its head again after first appearing against nox at despise a matter of months ago and is happening on a regular basis.
Edit, he beat me to that lol - I'm just trying to think of what to call our combined force of 3 religions as we already have lawture, good luck trying to fit an imp into that and making it sound good :roll:

As for the original topic, I just don’t see why gm intervention and changing things was necessary, that old saying ‘if it isn’t broken don’t fix it’ used to fly about during the old Pangaea, I like it.
There was one place in the whole shard is properly safe for robbers, not there isn’t – my only question is why?
If this is being implemented (without tekstones control as usual. personally I think tekstone as a religion should be able to control who their guards kill and don’t kill) – Then it should also be implemented that the two archenemies OoL and OoI must not fight along side each other and the gms intervene and point out that their veritas and guards kill each other for a reason.

The short and blunt of my post - Would really like to see some logical explanation for the change as its just another small stab in the side as soon as we have something good going as usual. I've come to expect those.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Cult of Tekstone [CoT] shall aid Vanguard of Telborea [VoT] in collecting the tax.
Q: Would this be seen as an attempt to create a loophole?

*Off topic*
"Robbers are being hunted with:3D - unable to run away"
Robbers are not prohibited from using the 3D client...

"I'm just trying to think of what to call our combined force of 3 religions as we already have lawture, good luck trying to fit an imp into that and making it sound good"
LawTure are heavily outnumbered, even with Imps in the picture the amount of Tek/Nox/BoP rivals the combined forces of the 3 religions....

"Then it should also be implemented that the two archenemies OoL and OoI must not fight along side each other"
Let's extend this further by not allowing druids to fight alongside Tekstone, let alone bless them. Conistent RP, why not?
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Edward Sinclair wrote:LawTure are heavily outnumbered, even with Imps in the picture the amount of Tek/Nox/BoP rivals the combined forces of the 3 religions....
Where the hell did you learn to count?
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

To all those questions for why this change. Answer is simple: robbers have had too easy on Pangaea which have lead into too many robbers around. Robberies are part of this shard yes, but the number of robberies is simply got out of hands. It's too easy when after robberies you can just go hide in guard zone out of danger, it just doesn't work that way, we did mistake on that and fixed what's needed fixing.
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Suggestion: Make this apply only to spawned guards and not summoned guards.
KaneThun

Post by KaneThun »

with harder life robbers get higher loot? :D
and yeah i would like some effort on 3d issue... as its causing the most problems

what about laws helping reds? as imps are reds.

then again we just need a big house that is big enough so we dont get veritas or malleus.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

KaneThun wrote:what about laws helping reds? as imps are reds.
It's another problem which goes against the fundamental RP rules of this shard, so they have been adressed about it.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Monad wrote: It's too easy when after robberies you can just go hide in guard zone out of danger, it just doesn't work that way, we did mistake on that and fixed what's needed fixing.
Don't be mistaken this will not change the amount of robberies at all, as far as i'm aware no nox have ever hidden at tekstone temple, birds of prey only got allied to tek within the past few days and haven't gone near the place because they would of been killed by tekstone.
Now that we have cleared that little bit of confusion up - the matter at hand is that robbers were uniting the fight against the orange lawture (absolutly diddly squat to do robbing directly) - After this little 'fix', this is no longer possible.
This past few nights we've had a few fun fights where it has actually been quite balanced, as balanced as things can be with the current rituals - this is no longer possible.

If the aim for this was really to disadvantage robbers, give tekstone a rite the same as imperials that will stop tekstone guards attacking a certain person for a day. This means reds cannot go to hide there (if that is really what has been happening but i smell bs) - and we can continue to have our fights like we have been having recently.
One simple solution that keeps us all happy, robbers can no longer hide and tekstone aren't being put to a disadvantage when it comes to fighting.
Correct me if im wrong with anything i've said..

Hilda wrote:Suggestion: Make this apply only to spawned guards and not summoned guards.
Another fix to the scenario/problems I mentioned above, which would be nice to see implimented if the decision really was to disadvantage robbers as monad claims and not tekstone.