For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Vaux27

Re: Town Siege - Mechanisms

Post by Vaux27 »

Akkarrin wrote:
Vaux27 wrote:Image
no evidence of time taken? im no monk but my tracking skills are sound :P

Posting this at 12:22AM...stamp bottom right bro.

632-140-419
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:also.

impstone s**ks. why the gamemasters let them have that bull****. we were just comparatively harmless lawture that was formed, when they were going to pwn all. if they never started attacking stuff like trinsic and almost get it, there would be no lawture now. WHEN we formed lawture, definitely we weren't waiting for impstone. traditionally gm's have been blue-friendly, letting blues have advantage to avoid red takeover. don't the gm's understand that most pvp lovin' people go tekstone etc. definitely not law and nature.

why? nature, traditionally a hunting religion. law, cannot have robber or red alts.
You can't poke at a snake and whine when it bites you. If you didn't think of this when you formed Lawture and came to gank us all, you really didn't think of it at all.

Maybe in your perfect world Law must always win and we must always submit. We must stand still and wait for our death and accept it "like a man". No, like always, we adjust and we fight back with everything we have... and if we don't have what it takes, we figure out other ways such as the alliance to "balance" it.

And I believe it's the same with Imperial. If you didn't form Lawture, if Nature didn't betray them, they hadn't asked Tekstone to join and help either.

You reap what you sow, said Biggs.
Darian Darkmind

Akkarrin wrote:
Tyrion wrote:
Akkarrin wrote:setting up shifts
That is probably a start.
its a game not a job im sure i mentioned the majority of us have lifes...
Seems like Imperials don't have a live then when they are doing such a good job at it and are often online even during our hours (How can they be online during our hours when you can't stay online during theirs?! Weird, huh?). If they are prepared to fight more furiously and stay online from morning to the evening to fight to expand and defend their kingdom, I believe it is only fair to say they deserve the towns more than you do. If you are busy IRL you shouldn't even care that much for the game... if you care enough to take shifts and fight to keep what is yours, you deserve it.

What comes to not having the players etc. no one is stopping you from recruiting. Right now and forever before Law's recruiting has been passively waiting for newbies to join them. Try to take a bit more pro-active role and contact the players directly, try to make them feel like Law is the place for them so they either make a new priest or join with some old character.

You should know this isn't Repsak's era anymore. Law's work is no longer cut out for you by the Staff, instead you are expected to do your job yourself with the great tools given to you. If you fail, you fail due to your own mistakes and it is no longer fixed by the Staff.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

As mentioned on Common Religion forum - there are two options from staff perspective:

1) Religion alliances aren't allowed
2) Religion alliances are allowed

You can have it either way, but the result is still the same.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Darian Darkmind wrote:And I believe it's the same with Imperial. If you didn't form Lawture, if Nature didn't betray them, they hadn't asked Tekstone to join and help either.

Without Lawture we'd lost Trinsic right away. This is going to the situation in which reds rule the world. If that is the future of Pangaea preferred, so be it, let ImpStone be. I can play the part of the underdog, ain't a biggie. Just thinking of the whole shard ruled by some TekApImp reds, who have robber alts and all, is this the future of Pangaea you want.

The plus is, though: players themselves can decide more - and less GM intervention. So, if red side is stronger, GM won't stop them from conquering the world. Still I think Repsak made Law and Nature non-opposing religions with this in mind; both have different kinds of deities, who don't need to compete thus (gaea being "divine" and winchester "human turned half-god after death"), also both religions (nature+law) bound to certain mostly non-conflicting ethical codes.

Esuna, on the other hand, does not tolerate Dennac. Dennac doesn't care about Esuna that much and could be willing to "use" Esunas troops to destroy Gaea.

The problem here is that Imperial is highly "judgmental and pious" and Esuna sees especially Tekstone as disgusting, devil worshipping scum and hates how Law is ruled by a king and wants to free Britannia of being ruled by a king, thus destroying Law and taking lands for Esuna instead of Lord British (and Lord British's right hand, Winchester).

Nature is better tolerated by Imperial due to be least offensive of the three other religions and as such, an issue of lower priority.

The deity of Law is pragmatic and may have a temporary alliance with even Tekstone if it's considered necessary. But I can't see why Imperial would care about Lawture raiding Tekstone altar? Or how Esuna would tolerate seeing devil worshipping scum walking freely in Imperial towns. Esuna should be nauseated?
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

And with Lawture you won Occlo right away? Honestly this isnt going anywhere and there has been a couple pages with no contribution to the original post.

I did have a question, when a defender stops the siege on a town does it broadcast the message globally or just to the defending religion? I don't recall seeing a message of law stopping Vesper someone had to run by the stone and see it was white?
Darian Darkmind

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:And I believe it's the same with Imperial. If you didn't form Lawture, if Nature didn't betray them, they hadn't asked Tekstone to join and help either.

Without Lawture we'd lost Trinsic right away.
Yes and it might have sounded like the right call at least in that very hour. You won that fight, there's no doubt about that. However, you should have thought it a bit further that by doing so you angered the sleeping beast. To win one battle, you've now risked losing the war. Losing one town, especially Trinsic is a huge hit, but it's less than losing the kingdom. I still can't believe it came to you as a surprise that Tekstone showed up to help when you signed an alliance with Nature - our sworn arch-enemy.

So, like said before, all this whine is pointless. You made your decision.
Maximilian Lhoth

Darian Darkmind wrote:Yes and it might have sounded like the right call at least in that very hour. You won that fight, there's no doubt about that. However, you should have thought it a bit further that by doing so you angered the sleeping beast. To win one battle, you've now risked losing the war. Losing one town, especially Trinsic is a huge hit, but it's less than losing the kingdom. I still can't believe it came to you as a surprise that Tekstone showed up to help when you signed an alliance with Nature - our sworn arch-enemy.
GM's weren't going to let Impstone be formed all of a sudden without even armistice going on for long first, and we counted on it. Now, instead of a long armistice, they go TekApImp with no trouble. We as Lawture have enough trouble with Imperial alone due to timezones BUT NOT ONLY TIMEZONES, make it tekapimp and we're doomed. If we lost Trinsic, we'd lost the smaller towns easily.

Now of siegeables we, Law(ture), have only haven, vesper and trinsic left and within 3 months you'll have 'em unless GM's do something or Vaux decides to not take them. We gave Imperial lots of towns without fighting, we weren't going to siege them, but they decided they wanna take it all, and as they couldn't, they got Tek on their side too. Now we fight such armies that no veritas spam, no guard spam, no nothing can save us.

This is no personal problem seriously, as I said I'm cool with having only Britain left, not raging here or ripping my jogging shorts in pieces. I'm.. err, well medicated enough to not rage over a game. (my latest rage episode was due to nicotine cessation cold turkey and I'm being 100% honest here) :)

--- BUT I have to say, again, that I appreciate it that if "evil" side is stronger, let them be stronger. I leave this for gamemasters to decide what they want their shard to be like. I personally can manage. ---
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

As much as you say tekapimp is an unstoppable force you all have stopped us from sieging Mnioc 3 times and Vesper once. Plus we did have an end to the war a while before the alliance actually went in we just didnt let the world know we ended it. And about an unstoppable force you all have beat us a bit lately aswell and even on open ground at cross roads so that seems a little exaggerated.
Maximilian Lhoth

Cruxis Bane wrote:As much as you say tekapimp is an unstoppable force you all have stopped us from sieging Mnioc 3 times and Vesper once. Plus we did have an end to the war a while before the alliance actually went in we just didnt let the world know we ended it. And about an unstoppable force you all have beat us a bit lately aswell and even on open ground at cross roads so that seems a little exaggerated.
You can raid Nature temple as much as you want and you can take all towns. But yes it takes work to take the towns, the waiting, the gathering of people. Basically you are not unstoppable if we have more people. This is seldom seen; maybe rare .fi daytime attacks to Yew and thats all.

With no personal offense, Imps s*ck at PvP compared to Teks, and I'm not rly scared of Imps (couple of exceptions exist), but damn the Teks (Ferran and the swedes) can kill. This is mostly likely because players in Imp are less PvP oriented than players in Tek, not because they are dumber or anything. This is not only my personal experience, we all in Lawture feel this way.