Consistency in roleplay?

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Raemonn

Re: Consistency in roleplay?

Post by Raemonn »

At least new people get a wonderful impression of the serious business called "roleplaying" from reading this topic.
Pigeon: 691-280-878
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

I also have to point out that, Gay was something the server... pretty sure... said was ok by shard standards sooooooooooo

again your points moot

BUT

I did take the time to look up a few things, quick glance nothing too deep... but I could if you want to push this issue

4 instances of players discussing rape in character
33 instances of the discussion of murder
26 instances of the discussion of sacrifice
4 instances of the discussion of butt buddies

yeah i'm gonna just stop there

YOU picked one comment to try and attack because you're hurt, it's Ok. I get it I know that clearly you are the characters you play and clearly so is Walac, so the suggestion means that him and his crew both in game and irl are gay.... I mean clearly I'm a girl who runs around playing drums all day and chasing squirrels

EXCEPT THAT'S THE POINT: YOU ARE NOT YOUR CHARACTER

you might be mad about something, doesn't mean your character would be/is
you might be sad about something, doesn't mean your character would be/is
You might not kill in real life, your character might in the game

you might want to take a class or two once the school opens, you are clearly have some misconceptions on the 4th wall of roleplaying
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Raemonn wrote:At least new people get a wonderful impression of the serious business called "roleplaying" from reading this topic.
unfortunately all they will get out of this is the idea that, it's a roleplay shard that doesn't take roleplay as serious

which will probably turn away more players than it brings in, which is good... they are looking for roleplay not pvp.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I guess we're just on different levels when it comes to what we want to publish. Best of luck with the sodomization and whatnot.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Raemonn

Post by Raemonn »

PvP and RP aren't mutually exclusive. That's the last I'm going to post in this thread. Except for this: it's just UO. Chillllllll..!
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Bone and flesh gave way under the cruel head of the pickaxe, and Amud screamed. The noise fueled Jannes rage, and with hatred turning his vision red he struck again. Amud's skull cracked, and its contents spilled on the ground.

says the guy who talked about bashing someones skull in and the contents spilling out

Good luck with being a sociopath
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Raemonn wrote:PvP and RP aren't mutually exclusive. That's the last I'm going to post in this thread. Except for this: it's just UO. Chillllllll..!
they are not, but there are servers dedicated to PvP and those dedicated to RP... this WAS the latter... it's slowly becoming the former because of this exact mentality.... If you were here when the shard opened you'd feel differently about people circumventing roleplay to further agendas.
Raemonn

Post by Raemonn »

Kat Asherstone wrote:
Raemonn wrote:PvP and RP aren't mutually exclusive. That's the last I'm going to post in this thread. Except for this: it's just UO. Chillllllll..!
they are not, but there are servers dedicated to PvP and those dedicated to RP... this WAS the latter... it's slowly becoming the former because of this exact mentality.... If you were here when the shard opened you'd feel differently about people circumventing roleplay to further agendas.

It's a bit of both, really. If you were here ten years ago, you'd feel about as mellow as I feel now about people taking stuff waaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously. Enthusiasm is cool, I really dig that. But you might be taking it a itty bitty over the top.

Nevertheless, looking forward to RP initiatives. [Insert shitty smilie-thingy of a 'thumbs up' here]
Ares

Post by Ares »

I've jailed Mike for a week. Trolling and discrimination is STILL not acceptable at all. Mike, as you know, you're welcome to petition the higher-ups for a lower punishment.

I completely agree with Kat, and commend him/her for making this topic. I tried to make a player "RP council" once which would be in charge of events and quests etc. but it never really took off. The problem is that us GM's aren't fully into current RP events and don't have supernatural imaginations, so coming up with new stuff is hard :P
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

I don't necessarily agree with the ban to be honest, while I do disagree with Mike
It's understandable to go overboard when you believe someone is attacking YOU, and not the character.
I'm just sayin, most people would have reacted the same way if they felt the same way and I think that should give credence to a lower punishment.