New topic discussion

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ares

Re: New topic discussion

Post by Ares »

Jyrgen you have what, 4 houses? Sell one and the problem is solved.

Everyone stop whining. This isn't going to change. Deal with it. Downgrade or whatever if you can't afford your taxes. They used to say that eventually the taxes would have a consequence, and surprise, it did.

Start discussing the mayor system instead, and what the money could be spent on. 1 thing is decided, guards and vendors will start to demand a paycheck, so there's going to be some upkeep. The mayor can set housetaxes (to even 0%), but then the city will have no income and eventually the guards and vendors will quit. Ideally, the citys size and popularity will reflect the number of guards and vendors present.

If you run a successfull city, lots of houses occupied, a reasonable taxrate, a reasonable sales taxrate the town will have a profit, lots of guards and vendors and can expand or spend gold on various other things (that we haven't decided on yet).
Lot's of it is being debated still and we take it as we go. These are my thoughts so far at least.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Honestly I see the having to pay taxes thing rough and can cause a lot of people to leave once they lose their houses. And it will make it harder with the playerbase we have for people to have a full city of houses when you have to choose which ones to keep due to taxes. Also feel like this will be rougher on new players but that's just my two cents.
Percy

Post by Percy »

Town decorations?

I know it'll be time consuming but maybe the mayor could buy benches, flowers etc to place down.

Each town should start with a basic banker and one vendor and one healer and little to no decor. Each decor costs x amount to buy and then adds x amount to the town upkeep cost.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Oh well, I've tried. I guess now we'll see how it works. I don't like how the solution is a player who obviously can't hop on to play and earn gold for his taxes, must spend hours moving out things from a large house to a smaller one. The point was he couldnt be around or possess the gold to pay for it. Furthermore, the hard earned house is being taken away with no gold returned due to an accumilation within a dead system that was finally awaken.

That's not going to end well for your veteran and loyal player base, guys. I'm basically done though as now I'm off my little soap box, but as a counselor I will point out there are positives resulting from this also. I'm just simply disappointed in how the implementation was handled.

I'm for town decorations of some sort, religion based ones are long overdue anyway.
632-140-419
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

You make taxes sound like this.
Cruxis Bane wrote:Also feel like this will be rougher on new players but that's just my two cents.
Vice versa, eventually it hits veterans and even more house hoarders. So far the biggest debt I've seen is 2,5 million. That's on an account that has been played a total of 7 hours in the previous 2 years. In other words it has been used only for refreshing and keeping the house out of the market. That's where the system hits the hardest and that's no fluke either. Surely we have plenty of active veteran players who have issues with debt (as pointed in this thread) - but so far we haven't seen a case where the barrier is insuperable. Generally we're talking of players with thousands of items to sell and trained characters that can be used for hunting or crafting.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Mike

Post by Mike »

This seems like a good idea. I've always had some antipathy towards house hoarders. I'm more on the house decayer side of things, so I will be as bad as before.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Perhaps you could at least send a mass e-mail through forums to all of the players informing of such change. So they might have a chance to collect the money and maybe even start playing to save the houses.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

I also had another question may have been answered but since none of my houses are in town zone and one of them is far out in middle of no where am I expected to pay taxes and get nothing in return? I feel like having a robber/murderer who takes a tent way out in the middle of no where would never pay taxes or anything like that.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Cruxis Bane wrote:I also had another question may have been answered but since none of my houses are in town zone and one of them is far out in middle of no where am I expected to pay taxes and get nothing in return? I feel like having a robber/murderer who takes a tent way out in the middle of no where would never pay taxes or anything like that.
The houses out of town zones will keep the 1% tax rate for now. We've been debating this as well, and are undecided.. Boris is for 0 tax, I'm for 1%. Call it a maintenance fee or whatever. I'm just worried that if we make houses outside of towns free, they'll become much more desirable than living in a city.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:Perhaps you could at least send a mass e-mail through forums to all of the players informing of such change. So they might have a chance to collect the money and maybe even start playing to save the houses.
Roger boss. I'll get on it