Please read this

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Rohan Koht

Re: Please read this

Post by Rohan Koht »

Each class has it's own tricks to kill those. You don't need x magery or x meditation. You need to have the chants/runes and being able to use them, or in the case of the mage, evaluating intelligence.
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

i know it about spellcasters, but wanted to know if that had changed too .
it kind of importiant to find out if it the powers of the spell, or other things that has changed.
One question, it has never been the ideer that every mob should be solo able hope you know that and i think you do , i have the bigist respect for this tread , and it not to sound igrorated or anything just question i need ansered .
we normaly killled giants 3 or 4 mages with fireballs only, and i like to see if that is able still or they regenate mana too fast to do that.
problem i am facing is that as i see the scribt right now, to try and make it easyer on the scribter ,the power of the spells come from the same scribt as the mobs use, and if i boost it there, i will only boost the mobs too, and that not realy want we want to do.
Looking for the best way to solve this.
Maby nerf some of the mobs is a nother solution.
keep the good threat going .

Alteran
Rohan Koht

Post by Rohan Koht »

One thing: I agree that we shouldn't be able to solo everything. I never solo'ed a good giant (fire and water are the easy ones) with my necro, we (me and Ovy) did wipe most of giants with our two magic users. We haven't tested yet against them so we wouldn't know how it is now. The issue here isn't the giants, it's the impossibility of killing little stuff from necromancers to fiends not spending:
1) too many reagents
2) too much time
3) not killing at all

... or hunting isn't worthwhile.

Against dragons and other big melee creatures that don't heal themselves or cast reflection, tranfusion, waterfall and a good bunch of flamestrikes will always work. Faster or slower.
volc

Post by volc »

i pokehunt with weak pets, and i usually have uoloop going for vetting the pets. i say this only so that you know i have a reliable way to time the events i later see in my journal.

in this particular example, its 2 frost drakes vs. a shabooli shaman. shaman managed to spam 50 (fifty) consecutive 'in vas mani's in less than a minute, before it finally went down. so imagine the amount of HP i need to draw from it within a single minute to be able to kill a 150 HP (or whatever) creature.

here is another example showing their pre-targeting skills:

the way i see it, caster mobs have been boosted over and over again in various ways (mana regen, multiple casting, skills, pre-targeting, etc.) to the point that its now actually ridiculing to fight them. whereas the only boost they required was in their AI. the scripts governing player casters and mob casters may be the same on spell layer, but are definitely different on casting layer.

personally i don't mind that there are mobs in the shard which i have no way of scratching, let alone soloing. but the truth is that most creatures has been tuned up to 50 piety priest standards, which makes it really fun for the rest to hunt around.
"Hey developer, this is Rock. Nerf Paper. Scissors is fine."
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Rohan Koht wrote:reflection, tranfusion, waterfall and a good bunch of flamestrikes will always work.
Consider twice before using waterfall!

Waterfall with 100 animal lore does avg 19.9 dmg to great dragon, consumes 40 mana.

Corp Por with 40 eval int does avg 19.1 dmg to great dragon, consumes 20 mana.
Rohan Koht

Post by Rohan Koht »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:
Rohan Koht wrote:reflection, tranfusion, waterfall and a good bunch of flamestrikes will always work.
Consider twice before using waterfall!
Ah well, I don't have a druid, and the last one I hunted with was Valentino's, I don't remember what he casted :P
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

Can you telll me if bees work ?.

Alteran
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

it did last time Haldric casted it to Imp's
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
Ovinnik

Post by Ovinnik »

Alteran wrote:can you still solo a white dragon as a mage ?.
Alteran
Killed one White before going to vacation in december. Just flamestrikes and quick reflexes to avoid the stamina drain. Not sure how many flamestrikes it took since I didn't realize things could be different at that time. Usually it used to take around 9-15 flamestrikes from mage if I remember correctly.

Post by Kent Strider »

Yeah Ovi it takes my mage about 11-13