Looting update Q&A

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Darian Darkmind

Re: Looting update Q&A

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Thoorin wrote:I already asked Boris about that yesterday.

Me: say a bunch of law peeps kill my nox char,
I come back to fetch my magical clothing and ofc I need to show to be able to loot. they allowed to stone me there?
[regarding the rules starting from 01.01.2012?]

Boris: can be done even as we speak.

Just that nowdays they need to apply for permission to loot.
Post subject: Re: Looting update Q&A Reply with quote
Can be done, not saying it should be done. The amount of RP a stoning needs isn't possible in such a sitation. It takes multiple screens to proof there was enough RP. If we see lame stonings, we dig you out. It's as simple as that.

- Boris
I seriously hope you change your mind and make it a rule that you cannot be stoned if you're ONLY retrieving your items. It's of course different thing if you start bad-mouthing them or refuse to leave. But the truth is that if a known robber runs in the middle of multiple Laws to retrieve his un-lootable items, the Law members can stop him, paralyze him and whatever else. They can take their time, minutes, five, even ten minutes to RP it out and it will look "Fine" in the screen-shots.

"Can be done even as we speak", uh, stoning is illegal thus it can't be done at the time being.

That's how it was often done before. Someone was caught without a mount or a way to escape, he was kept paralyzed and either imprisoned or maledictioned. However, back then you had the option of not coming back if you were killed, because you knew your corpse was looted empty so there was no reason to come back. Now, however, you have to come back for your magic clothes.

It's either a rule forbidding stoning if only retrieving items or magic clothes made blessed - which isn't a good idea.
Darian Darkmind

Masano wrote:For example robber A decides to go rambo into guards/group of Law and dies and his corpse is surrounded.

Robber A then returns naked and is allowed to collect his clothes by Law.- Imo he shouldnt then go regear and come back to fight again. If Robber A goes to collect his clothes, he should leave from the battle.

It would be fine if Robber A decided to go get more armour and continue the fight without his magical clothes.
I see no problem in going to re-gear and continue the fight. This only means that he can be killed again, and looted again making him lose even more armors and weapons.

Of course this sometimes lead to those "endless" fights lasting for 5-6 hours straight when either side refuse to give up, but eventually even that fight ends to one side losing too much.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Masano wrote:For example robber A decides to go rambo into guards/group of Law and dies and his corpse is surrounded.

Robber A then returns naked and is allowed to collect his clothes by Law.- Imo he shouldnt then go regear and come back to fight again. If Robber A goes to collect his clothes, he should leave from the battle.

It would be fine if Robber A decided to go get more armour and continue the fight without his magical clothes.
I see no problem in going to re-gear and continue the fight. This only means that he can be killed again, and looted again making him lose even more armors and weapons.

Of course this sometimes lead to those "endless" fights lasting for 5-6 hours straight when either side refuse to give up, but eventually even that fight ends to one side losing too much.
This is true. Lost many gears against Tekstone that day ;D
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Darian Darkmind wrote:"Can be done even as we speak", uh, stoning is illegal thus it can't be done at the time being.
Stoning is legal even currently. We just observe and monitor it by giving permission to stone or not.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Masano

Post by Masano »

Darian Darkmind wrote: I see no problem in going to re-gear and continue the fight. This only means that he can be killed again, and looted again making him lose even more armors and weapons.

Im fine with people going regearing armour and weapons. I just think its abit silly to give someone magical clothing back that enhances their ability to fight during the same fight.

Its like "Oh hey, heres your macefighting and tactics cloth so you can hit me harder and heres your healing cloth so you can heal yourself better, now Ive given you all those advantages back run along and Ill see you on the battlefield in a couple of minutes!"

If someone tried to mug you with a knife and you wrestle it off them you wouldnt give it back to them and say try again, unless ofcourse, you are chuck norris.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Simmo wrote:So you mean if X is robbing with whole group and one of them gets stoned then "our piety chars" cant unstone him? Lolol.
Ofc we can.
Depends how you look at the meta gaming rule.

The way i look at it is. If im pvping with my mates (were close mates, we both got priests in the same religion) one of us get stoned... now i cant go unstone him on my piety char, we have to depend on those that was not on their robber during that battle, or those that are purely in the relgion not the robbing guild.

This is how it should go down.

Simmo i changed your post as this is a question as a whole regarding nature imp and tek who can have robber alts.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I like how Darian knows the rules better than the rule makers lmao.
Darian Darkmind

Well I am very sorry if I wasn't playing when these hippie-rules were made and later I've been told that stoning and malediction has been removed. I personally never even understood why it was done. Have you seen anyone being stoned lately - as in imprisoned!

That still doesn't change the other facts of my post.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Law hasn't even thought about stoning anyone, we weren't being that mean is all.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Currently what wands are lootable? Damage wands, blessing wands and healing aids? Or just damage wands (wich i agree should be lootable as they are weapons of mass destruction!)