Salvation updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Darian Darkmind

Re: Salvation updates

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Well take my priest for an example:

Darian has hundreds of MCs from the time before the item-wipe. All those were fair and justified since I also easily looted gear worth a hundred million. There's nothing wrong with having to pay 9-10 millions for those crimes IF I still had my house, my gold and all those indy sets locked in safety. Sadly there was an item-wipe. When Alteran took over people were given fresh starts, free salvations and even new names because the whole game changed. Sadly the old MCs were never removed so one mistake and your fate was sealed: forever red.

Now I've killed plenty of players again during this "new era" and I've gained plenty of MCs. This is all fair and justified again, but if I want salvation, it would be impossible due to the previous hundreds of kills that should mean absolutely nothing now - since it was from the time that was wiped away, the history was wiped away, our characters changed names and roles and everything that happened before the wipe meant nothing. The only thing same with Darian compared to her former self is her name and her MCs, that's it. She has no longer 80 piety, no longer millions of gold, no longer a house and she is no longer the head of Tekstone. There's no more alliance between Tekstone and Law, Lord British is no longer dead and all our actions were undone - yet our kills remained. It's obvious this is a whole different world and a whole new game even if our character names remain the same. Because this is a whole new game I should only be forced to pay for the crimes I've comitted during this game, not in the old one.

If we had thought this through, we would have asked a MC wipe back then and I'm sure if it was possible, it had been done. For some reason none of us asked for it. At least not that I remember. Our failure to ask for it during Alteran's era still won't make it any less true or worth fixing now.
Last edited by Darian Darkmind on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Palma

Post by Palma »

I think the point is simple.

No one goes red without having money, safe spot to run to, friends, armors, etc.

I am starting without anything, as red. Is silly and makes no sense.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Palma wrote:I am starting without anything, as red. Is silly and makes no sense.

Turn on the Z-mode, delete/recreate character in 1/3 of the time required to "wait" or collect the money for a salvation.
In result you will have a fresh start, fresh character with completely no MC's with almost no coin for the training input.
Palma

Post by Palma »

lol, sure right away! Let me just quit my job and leave my Girlfriend

PS. By that I don't mean you did! Just saying I don't have free time to do that :D
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Should we give free houses and free gear for players returning aswell if they come back with nothing?
Or should the players actually try to work to gain something and maybe ask other players to help him?
Darian Darkmind

Monad wrote:Should we give free houses and free gear for players returning aswell if they come back with nothing?
Here comes the funny man! Nah, just give them a fair chance to have a fresh start. So they can hunt in peace and buy a house and gear and choose to play the game the way they want - without being punished from their past crimes from years ago.
Last edited by Darian Darkmind on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

If you're so concerned of your buddy getting a fresh start then lend him some money already so he can get his fresh start.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

And if you stop to think for a second I wasn't being funny it was a serious question where it seems you can't give a serious and reasonable answer but just label it as "funny question" and get over it.
Darian Darkmind

Unlike you may think, this doesn't concern me one bit. I'm not going blue, I don't care.

I know you always think I only see things from my own point of view, but once again you're wrong.

Do as you wish, it won't affect my game one bit... in fact if it's made my way, it actually makes my game harder because I might be facing more old reds joining Law side. If I was only looking to cover my own ass, I'd say keep the system as it is or remove salvation altogether. I would be better off if no one gets a salvation, ever simply because that prevents them from joining Law. I know Crin would join Law and fight me and that's one barbarian I rather keep red!

So no, I don't look at things from my own view of interest. I say these simply because I'm not afraid to point out issues even if they won't affect me, or better yet even affects me negatively.
Darian Darkmind

Monad wrote:And if you stop to think for a second I wasn't being funny it was a serious question where it seems you can't give a serious and reasonable answer but just label it as "funny question" and get over it.
Oh, I thought you were being funny and sarcastic. I thought the answer was pretty clear.

It's a whole different thing to give someone everything in the beginning than giving him an EQUAL CHANCE to EARN it. Everyone should start from the same common ground. If someone hasn't played for years, has zero possessions and last MCs are from the time before Alteran, it's obvious he won't have a fair and equal chance to start over compared to someone who is blue or got a free salvation from Alteran. All red players who came back during Alteran's time got a free salvation which was fair. However, everyone who joined a bit later no longer received one. It's a lot harder to be red, trying to hunt and gather gear than being blue, able to use any banks, log out in any inns and ask help from any player.

I'm actually trying to help you increase the player count on this shard, because who knows there might be players out there who would like to make a come-back, but can't be arsed to do so because they are red and without gear. And even if their "friends" would help them out, they might not care to be red and "evil". If their friends help them, their only option is to join them and be "evil". They might instead want to try something new, play in peace and just have fun with the little time they have which they can't because of something they did in Repsak and Seraph's time.

You can say it is his fault he is red, and you're right, it most likely is his fault originally, but due to item-wipe and the shard changing and turning to a whole new owner, it's pointless to punish him for something that no longer means anything. It's the same as if the crimes of your father are passed on to you, and you would have to serve the jail-time. Or better example, if Pangaea 2 was actually finished, all of us who were red here would have been forced to start red there. It makes no sense, right? Even if Pangaea 2 failed to launch, this Pangaea sure as hell isn't the original one anymore. Let all old murderers (MCs from the time before Alteran) have a fresh start or a possibility to one without being forced to pay millions out of a empty bank box. Many like Zarek, Patrick, Etwoworm and others whose name I don't remember anymore will join Law, some will go back to their old habits whereas some will just do whatever they want. I wonder if Zarek made a come-back now while still red and naked, would he be Law HP, or a Tekstone priest?

Everyone wins, no one loses. What's so bad about that?